Scanner not working with KDE fedora 30
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scanner not working with KDE fedora 30

I can't seem to be able to figure out how to get my scanner to work with Fedora 30 KDE. I have an Epson Stylus NX625 all in one printer. It works fine with the Gnome DE. However I thought I would give KDE a try, all went well until I tried to scan something. I installed the drivers from the epson's web site, same one I used for the Gnome DE, again printer/scanner worked fine. For KDE it just comes up no scanner/devise found, and it snaps on the screen quickly like its not even trying to find the scanner. I have installed the sane-backends, I tried running the scanner software as root, nothing works. I do have the printer/scanner set up on a wifi network, not hard wired to my computer. Again this setup works fine with the Gnome DE. Any ideas on how I can get my scanner to work would be appreciated. Oh yes, I did try both simple scan and Xsane scanning software.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Scanner not working with KDE fedora 30

Sorry for cutting in, Fedora 30 GNOME and Simple Scan could find my Canon scanner LiDE120. Now I have installed Fedora 30 KDE from Fedora Spins, Simple Scan didn't find it.
    From post no. 2 and 3 in the following thread, Fedora 30 KDE from Fedora Spins and Simple Scan can find it !
    Last edited by fdrnkfdrnk; 23rd July 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fdrnkfdrnk
    Sorry for cutting in, Fedora 30 GNOME and Simple Scan could find my Canon scanner LiDE120. Now I have installed Fedora 30 KDE from Fedora Spins, Simple Scan didn't find it.
    From post no. 2 and 3 in the following thread, Fedora 30 KDE from Fedora Spins and Simple Scan can find it !
    Thanks you for passing along the info, it got me part the way there. However, it connects to the camera not the scanner. Oh well, going back to Gnome DE, no problems there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghstrydr
    Oh well, going back to Gnome DE, no problems there.
    Can we request KDE to modify their DE ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fdrnkfdrnk
    Can we request KDE to modify their DE ?
    That would be great if we could, I am not aware of how to do so. Before loading Fedora 30 Gnome back on my laptop I decided to try Kubuntu, I just prefer KDE. Everything worked first try. Minor issue with icons not showing for newly installed programs, log out/in cleared that up. There also was no scanner issues and it allows you to update to KDE 5.16 using backports. I will give this a run for a bit and watch to see if Fedora KDE spin makes any updates or changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here too, w/ GNOME & Cinnamon F29 my cheap HP AIO Printer worked... in Xfce F30 not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAARRRGGGG!!!! Minutes before I saw this, I posted my own, very similar question to another forum. I too am having no success scanning (no devices found, according to xsane and simple-scan) to my cannon pixma TR8520 all-in-one over wifi using my dell latitude laptop with F30-kde installed. I've installed sane-backends - no joy.

If it's not a firewall problem, I have no idea what's going on. Maybe it is time to question KDE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a F30 bug? My HP 2548 printer even works on MX Linux that uses Debian & Xfce DE.

*UPDATE: Works Now - Had to install HP Drivers... All the other times it just worked w/ fresh install!
    Last edited by End-User; 11th August 2019 at 04:16 AM.