Wi-Fi - Realtek 8822b - Need new rtw88 kernel module
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wi-Fi - Realtek 8822b - Need new rtw88 kernel module

Dear all!

Hello, I am new in this forum since I have a question related to the wlan kernel module.

Background: I bought a new laptop (HP ProBook 430 G6) just to find out how fedora feels to me on a small notebook. Unfortunately, I cannot get wlan working for me. After some investigation I found out that the needed firmware (rtw88/rtw8822b_fw.bin) is present but it will not be loaded.

Does someone know how to get it loaded? When will a new kernel be ready with the new module? - I am not the only one with exact the same trouble

AddOn: The current loaded driver is funny. I can setup a hotspot and other machines can use that hotspot. But the same driver cannot connect to my router. It drops the connection after established in a loop.

New Results: I created a new wlan on my Apple Time Capsule and... My notebook is connecting to that wlan! That means that my router is not doing the job for my. I checked the firmware of the router and the router found an update. After update of my router my the notebook is connecting to that network too

Conclusion: The error was sitting before the new notebook - Typical layer 8 error
    Last edited by hsimon; 29th April 2019 at 09:17 PM. Reason: New results