What a brilliant day
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up What a brilliant day

So, Eric Clapton is in town for a few nights and I decided when I heard he was coming that I didn't want to sell one of my kidneys to afford the Tokyo entrance fee. One of my young (20) regulars had NEVER heard of Clapton before coming to my bar and is now a total freak, he took on an extra part-time job to pay to go and see him today! Another regular saw him on Saturday and was still awestruck when he came in for a couple of pints after the concert! That was the straw that broke the camel's back! After closing that night I ordered the boss to get online and see if she could get two tickets for tonight (Monday) She could only get two standing tickets! I don't really care! She's not too keen on Eric though but she booked the tickets and agreed to take an extra day off today! It was brilliant, even the boss really enjoyed it! I'm so glad we went, it's probably the last chance, who knows if he'll be here again! The guy who went on Saturday also went tonight, the four of us met up after the concert and went for a few beers! It was even better when the bar undercharged us for the number of beers we had!
    Last edited by Wayne; 15th April 2019 at 04:16 PM.
    I used to miss my wife but then my aim improved.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: What a brilliant day

What a privilege! I'm glad you were able to see Eric perform live, it's something I'd love to be able to do as well. I really like his music which most people from my generation would sniff at and mock me for. I honestly don't care though what is popular or not among my peers, I have an eclectic collection of music spanning decades and genres.

Maybe miss your wife for the foreseeable future, she's earned a break from target practice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smokestack Lightnin (Yardbirds)
    Sunshine of your Love (Cream)
    Blind Faith (whole album)
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Beatles)
    Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out (Derek and the Dominos)
    A collaboration with Mark Knopfler, Sting, Phil Collins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D6cw8Ob2sk
    and O so many more

Yep, I'm a Clapton fan from his Yardbirds days on but never had the pleasure of seeing him perform in person.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was my second time, the first time was in the 90's, an all acoustic gig. He will be playing at the Royal Albert Hall in May, tickets are MUCH cheaper than what we paid here! I wish I could hop on a plane home for a few days to see him there but I'm off to Hong Kong for a few days at the beginning of May for some cheap Cantonese food and HK craft beer!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A limited number of hospitality packages are still available. All other tickets have sold out.
    damn ticket touts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were a few touts here too. My customer managed to get a same day ticket about a quarter of an hour before the show from the official ticket office. The seat was pretty bad, almost behind the band, he coldn't see the drummer at all!