gnome-mini-iso
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gnome-mini-iso

How to prepare fedora-gnome-mini-29.iso.

install minimal (install 319 packages) from net-install.iso

install @base-x gnome-session gnome-menus gnome-shell gnome-terminal nautilus firefox gdm tar hplip-gui calibre google-droid-*-fonts gedit variety aisleriot gnome-mahjongg nano -y (install 574 packages) (tar is required for installation of hp-plugin. nano is required to edit with root permission. this is my selection. Yours can differ)

install ModemManager (install 5 packages) (without inclusion of this package, iso will fail with modemmangerservice message)

install initial-setup-gui (install 84 packages) (without inclusion of this package, iso will prepare and will let install but login will fail with root account locked and no user)

rpm -qa --qf "%{n}\n" | grep -v pubkey | sort > list.txt.

Added in this list are packages which are not required after install but without which iso building fails and these packages can be removed afterwards.

ModemManager (without inclusion of this package, iso will fail with modemmangerservice message) initial-setup-gui (without inclusion of this package, iso will prepare and will let install but login will fail with root account locked)

install mock git

install pykickstart (install 3 packages) (ksflatten is part of pykickstart).

You can prepare kickstart file either outside mock and copy it or can prepare inside mock. I have stated both.

git clone https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts.git (Official instructions like git clone ssh://git@pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts.git fails with correct access rights. Further it was stated that "You could also take a fully flattened kickstart from a recent official live image compose task as a base" but i was not able to download flattened file)

Modify fedora-repo.ks. Comment the rawhide repo and uncomment %include fedora-repo-not-rawhide.ks

ksflatten --config fedora-live-workstation.ks -o my.ks --version F29

remove anaconda-live from this ks otherwise iso build will fail.

Keep few anaconda packages in starting but remove most of packages and groups and copy-paste from list.txt.

add firstboot --reconfig in kickstart file. Also change duplicate entry of part /.
    Keep root passwrod as root. Though, i have observed, it does not make any difference.

My kickstart file is enclosed.

sudo cp my.ks /var/lib/mock/fedora-29-x86_64/root/fedora-kickstarts after preparing mock as below.

# dnf install mock
    # usermod -a -G mock <user>
    $ mock -r fedora-29-x86_64 --init
    $ mock -r fedora-29-x86_64 --install lorax-lmc-novirt git vim-minimal pykickstart nano
    $ sudo nano /etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg (Modify config_opts[‘rpmbuild_networking’] to True)
    $ sudo setenforce 0
    $ mock -r fedora-29-x86_64 --shell --old-chroot
    <mock-chroot> sh-4.4# git clone https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts.git

Modify fedora-repo.ks. Comment the rawhide repo and uncomment %include fedora-repo-not-rawhide.ks

<mock-chroot> sh-4.4# cd fedora-kickstarts

<mock-chroot> sh-4.4# ksflatten --config fedora-live-workstation.ks -o my.ks --version F29

sudo cp list.txt /var/lib/mock/fedora-29-x86_64/root/fedora-kickstarts/

Remove most of portion of packages and copy-paste from list.txt

add firstboot --reconfig

<mock-chroot> sh-4.4# livemedia-creator --ks my.ks --no-virt --resultdir /var/lmc --project Fedora --make-iso --volid Fedora --iso-only --iso-name Fedora-gnome-mini.iso --releasever 29 --title Fedora --macboot

find the iso in “/var/lib/mock/fedora-29-x86_64/root/var/lmc”

Copy and test using Virtualbox.

if iso building fails,

<mock-chroot> sh-4.4# rm -rf /var/lmc.

Retry.
    Attached Files Attached Files