Finally guys , the inevitable is almost here !
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally guys , the inevitable is almost here !

"monsters John ... monsters from the ID..."
    "ma vule teva maar gul nol naya"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Finally guys , the inevitable is almost here !

I love Linus. The Guys are Canadian and live in Vancouver Canada. His #1 techie the heavy guy. He is really smart and is enjoyable to watch as he helps Linus

BTW, I am using Manjaro Gnome just now, but this AM I was using Manjaro KDE.
    Tomorrow, it will be Fedora 30 KDE and Fedora 30 Gnome
    And the day after, SUSE Tumbleweed KDE and Tumbleweed Gnome.

Pure KDE and Pure Gnome are indistinguishable, given Fedora, Tumbleweed or Manjaro distros.

Tumbleweed and Manjaro are rolling releases. Fedora 31 could easily become a rolling release, but then I believe that doing that rolling release change would cause the Fedora Quality to suffer.
    Last edited by lsatenstein; 9th April 2019 at 11:12 PM.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhww.
    No. Nothing inevitable is here, sorry. Or perhaps, thank goodness?
    I will try to make it not so long.

First, LTT is a typical money-driven YT channel. Most of his videos are utter nonsense about nothing else than himself and his hard trying to act like a fool, while he is just after the money. Generally I stay away from it as it gives me cramps.

Now the whole Linux gaming stuff. While it's nice to see more of the games being playable on Linux, it's not all so bright as it may seem.
    Proton can help with some Windows native games to be playable on Linux, but at the same time, I already noticed some devs not to care about Linux native version just because of that. They will "support" Proton only. Who would have ever guessed that.
    Yes, more Windows games will be playable, but with help of Wine and possibly Valve, because less of native builds will be available. Hm, considering quality and general themes of games theses days, maybe it is after all a good thing.
    But Valve contributed a lot to the Wine compatibility and while it is for their own goals, it will remain so and Wine is in a rather good shape because of that help too.
    Dxvk is nice, but there are some problems still so I hope Wine devs will not make it the default for d3d11 translation yet. Wine is supposed to be general Windows software layer, not just a gaming one after all.

Now Stadia is actually a bigger problem in my eyes. I don't understand why it's even advertised as good for Linux, just because it uses Vulkan etc.
    I'm not a fan of cloud, but Stadia is much worse than that. Generally, you have some data on cloud, but in this case, the whole software is run from there and even the hardware is theirs. For some reason you're locked out and you're screwed. I'm no fan of Steam for the same reason and again, Proton is the "big thing", but at least, HW is yours and the game data still sits on your HDD. With Stadia, people will not need to spend so much money. Combined with current mental and moral decadency in general (of which Google is apparently very well aware of) they may catch a lot of flies on that bait.

Aaah, I will better stop it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Maryyy
    I agree with your initial statement about LTT. He puts out about 11 youtube videos per day. But in the past 2-3 weeks, he is not present and his employees put out a presentation which I feel is better done. Some of it was fun, such as using mustard as the paste between cpu and cooler. I just watch for entertainment, not for anything else.
    But as much as it is for $$$ and marketing, you have to look at where he started and his investment to date. I saw that he piled a lot of money into developing his production servers, his staff, etc. I also noted a lot of advertising for staff. Either he is growing his business or otherwise.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840