Great work
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work

Hi I just wanted to say thanks. Running the KDE spin of f29. I have been in ubuntuland for many years, before that mandrake. I have not been in the blue hat neighborhood since Redhat 6.0. This is the nicest KDE I have run in a long time. Thank you for the great work!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Great work

welcome to Fedoraforum, that's an impressive beard, a bluehat should suit it nicely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome mgcorbin. However, you may want to bare in mind that this is the community support board and not the official Fedora development team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using Fedora 29 KDE since this Friday and apart of some minor things, which could be resolved and are most likely caused by me not exactly knowing how Fedora operates, everything runs fine now. I have all my old programs again, configured KDE the way I want it and now I'm just a happy Fedorian. (if that is the correct name for a Fedora user)

Have started with Ubuntu, now 11 years ago, have used Mint, Fedora also for a short time, then moved over to SolydXK (a Debian derivative) and the last 2-1/2 years I used Manjaro, also a great distro.
    Wanted to try something else and looking at the various distro's at Distrowatch I thought: Why not Fedora? As said, I have used it before but to be honest, I have no idea why I stopped that experience. Probably because I was a distro-hopper in those days.

As DE I started with Gnome 2 but when that was phased out and Gnome 3 (and also Unity) arrived, it was time for something else: KDE. Have used that since 2011 and never looked back. Especially since maybe a half year, or is it longer already, KDE is working very hard to improve the DE, to expand it with new features, to make it faster, less RAM hungry and more reliable.
    Am happy to see also Fedora uses KDE in the latest release. Hope this will last a very long time. It is a great combo: Fedora with KDE.