Using profile's "Find latest posts"
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using profile's "Find latest posts"

I was looking for a post of mine, so I clicked my username at the top right of some forum page, then "Find latest posts" in the left menu. I scrolled through the results and located the post of interest. However, the search results offer no easy way to get to the actual post.

I can click the title of the located post which takes me to the OP (somewhat useful) , or click the author of the located post (not so useful here - it's me afterall). Clicking to the OP is not very helpful if the thread has lots of posts.

Even if I open that thread, and use the "Search Thread", Advanced search, "Find posts by user", I get the same results - a hit on my post with no way to click through to it.

Seems to me, providing a link to the actual post that generated the hit in the search results would be a good thing.

-Mike
    Mike

See my system info: https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?316227-Need-help-Please-Dump-your-inxi-Fxmz-here-and-bookmark-it-first&p=1818993#post1818993

Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using profile's "Find latest posts"

Hmmm.... If I 'view posts' from your username, and then select the post you mentioned, clicking on the link that starts with "sticky" brings me right to the complete post that you made and the rest of the thread can be seen from there. Not what you are getting?
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply Bob.
    You wrote that you selected the post I mentioned. I never mentioned "a post". And I see no way to actually "select" a post. What did you do here?
    You mentioned a link with "sticky". I see no link starting with "sticky".

I see 2 links within each result: one is my username (takes one to my profile), and one that's the title of the thread to which the post was made (takes one to the top of that thread).

There is no link that takes one the specific post - the one that generated the result - itself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-03-25 12-17-07.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	30199

edit: same on Firefox and Chrome.
    Last edited by mike65535; 25th March 2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added info
    Mike

See my system info: https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?316227-Need-help-Please-Dump-your-inxi-Fxmz-here-and-bookmark-it-first&p=1818993#post1818993

Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I did was click on your username from this post and select 'view forum posts". In my response, I'd selected your 2/9/19 post about 'Need Help? dump your lxsi .... " and clicked the highlighted post marked 'sticky'. That brought me right to your post on the subject. Likewise, if I select any of your post about the TB16 dock issue, I'm first brought to your post and then can view the whole thread by clicking on the top thread link.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, that works. My path doesn't. Were you able to try it?

edit: Spoke too soon

I clicked my username and then "View profile" and got a list of posts from *this* thread. Those posts I can go to individually if I click "see more" at the bottom.
    But clicking "View Forum Posts" from there gives the same list (with the same limitations) as I described earlier.

Can you show me a screenshot of what you see?
    Last edited by mike65535; 25th March 2019 at 08:20 PM.
    Mike