Looking for a basic audio player app that can show related metadata from a text file
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a basic audio player app that can show related metadata from a text file

Suppose I have a bunch of wav or ogg files like this in a directory:

AlbumXSongY.ogg
    AlbumXSongY.txt
    ..... on and on

where the *txt file is a list of key<delimiter>value pairs like

Recording Studio|Abby Roads
    Group|Clash

and so on for many files. Is there a player app that would be able to read the matching *txt files for each of those songs to display that information as the "metadata" like I've shown for example as the Studio and group?

Or are they mainly going to only support reading the tags in the files. The issue is I have files without the tags consistently set but I can/do have text files for each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Looking for a basic audio player app that can show related metadata from a text f

Is there any reason not to use a tagging software on your files, and let the music player display the tag metadata w/in the audio file ?

in Windows, MP3tag can read tag info from a text file ? Linux Puddletag also has a feature "Text File -> tag". In windows, MP3tag is a powerful tagger. Since switching to F29, I have been using puddletag.
    * Bill Clark Windham, VT *

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Looking for a basic audio player app that can show related metadata from a text f

Have you tried musicbrainz picard? It will automatically add tags to all your music files, I always run my music through that so that I have nice clean and consistently formatted tags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know of any players that would read meta from a text file (puddletag awesomeness already mentioned above) - Are you removing meta for a reason by design or lack of software to tag the files? If so you could use the CUEFILE (.cue) for that purpose ... that would satisfy something like deadbeef