Using youtube without logging in, suggestions how to keep up with subscribtions?
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux Firefox 65.0

Question Using youtube without logging in, suggestions how to keep up with subscribtions?

Hi.
    I'm slowly moving away from my google accounts and I'm wondering are there any creative ways to "follow" youtube channels I like without logging in, other than making list/bookmarks of them?

GallComp is offline Nuke 'em Alfred! Administrator - Starring in Bill & Steve's Bogus Journey
    Mac OS X 10.14.3 Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Re: Using youtube without logging in, suggestions how to keep up with subscribtions?

Not really, that's the reason why you create an account. Youtube may show you some videos related to your browsing history, or geographical location.

"Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy. "

BILL GATES...

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 65.0

Re: Using youtube without logging in, suggestions how to keep up with subscribtions?

I have an android box (amazon purchase), and if you take a subscription you get about 1500channels. You do not have to take a subscription for YOUTUBE
    I enjoy doing the courses in git, javascript and much more. (I follow some chess sites) and a few singers. singers that I enjoy listening to for their beautiful voices.
    And youtube presented on a 55inch diameter TV is great. The box works fine with wireless. You would need a hdmi cable between the TV and the Android box.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

GallComp is offline Nuke 'em Alfred! Administrator - Starring in Bill & Steve's Bogus Journey
    Mac OS X 10.14.3 Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Quote Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    I have an android box (amazon purchase), and if you take a subscription you get about 1500channels. You do not have to take a subscription for YOUTUBE
    I enjoy doing the courses in git, javascript and much more. (I follow some chess sites) and a few singers. singers that I enjoy listening to for their beautiful voices.
    And youtube presented on a 55inch diameter TV is great. The box works fine with wireless. You would need a hdmi cable between the TV and the Android box.
    And how does that relate to the Opening question? keikari is asking about NOT subscribing to a google service, not a purchasing advice to "subscribe" to get some 1500 channels...

"Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy. "

BILL GATES...

IMHO, there will be viable alternative to yt popping up in the near future. Information wants to be free.
    "monsters John ... monsters from the ID..."
    "ma vule teva maar gul nol naya"

Linux Firefox 65.0

'free' 'always comes with a hidden catch of being plastered with advertising, data collection or bitcoin mining. there's no such thing as free any longer. even spotify are cracking down on free version users who use ad-blockers now. they will be blocked from using the service.

as for a channel you want to keep receiving updates for without having a Google/Youtube account you can do it via RSS

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6224202?hl=en

To get an RSS feed of a single channel’s uploads, paste the channel URL into your RSS reader.

Linux Firefox 65.0

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    'free' 'always comes with a hidden catch of being plastered with advertising, data collection or bitcoin mining. there's no such thing as free any longer. even spotify are cracking down on free version users who use ad-blockers now. they will be blocked from using the service.

as for a channel you want to keep receiving updates for without having a Google/Youtube account you can do it via RSS

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6224202?hl=en
    Thanks! This seems to be good and easy option.

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp
    And how does that relate to the Opening question? keikari is asking about NOT subscribing to a google service, not a purchasing advice to "subscribe" to get some 1500 channels...
    You do not have to subscribe to anything. Youtube comes with the android box. But if you want your selection remembered, create a fictive youtube logon. I love 55 inch youtube viewing of presentations. With the box, you can get rid of cable.

Check youtube rainbow train for great technical courses
    Last edited by lsatenstein; 11th February 2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Leslie in Montreal

Windows NT 10.0 Chrome 72.0.3626.96

You do not have to subscribe to anything. Youtube comes with the android box. But if you want your selection remembered, create a fictive youtube logon. I love 55 inch youtube viewing of presentations. With the box, you can get rid of cable.

Check youtube rainbow train for great technical courses
    You are still missing the point, the OP is asking for a way to receive updates from Youtube without a subscription, not for an advice on purchasing items from Amazon. You may find it great to have it, but again, it is not relevant to the topic. Also, no one is asking for advise on any sort of courses, so please stop posting them.

BILL GATES...

I just use google alerts.
    Leslie in Montreal

Windows NT 10.0 Chrome 72.0.3626.96

I just use google alerts.
    which you need to sign up for to use