Need debounce setting for mouse that sends double click for single click.
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Fedora) Firefox 64.0

Need debounce setting for mouse that sends double click for single click.

I have a new Ryzen 2700x system

My wired mouse is giving me issues with the mentioned Ryzen system

With the mouse, I click on an icon or where action is required. That click is often interpreted as two clicks. I believe it is due to the Ryzen processing the click at it's very fast speed, and it comes back too soon to check the mouse once again.

Is there a debounce setting for mouse clicks. In other words, from the same button, stop two mouse button clicks from occurring within some number of milliseconds. Anyone know where is that millisecond setting stored?
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Linux Firefox 60.0

Re: Need debounce setting for mouse that sends double click for single click.

In the Gnome configuration editor:

Go to desktop|gnome|peripherals|mouse and you should see an entry "Double_Click"

User error. Please replace user and try again

Linux (Android 9) Chrome 71.0.3578.99

Thanks Ocratato
    In gnome system devices mouse , Fed 29 I did not find that setting.
    The problem does not occur with a wireless mouse. I may stay with it. I will checkout KDE hardware settings.
    Leslie in Montreal

Linux Chrome 71.0.3578.98

what make is the wired mouse? Logitech wired are generally more reliable, I've had that double click issue with Microsoft branded rodents in the past.

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 64.0

I have had the same issue with a R.A.T. gaming mouse. Ended up giving it away as a "present" lol.
    I reckon it's a USB issue, maybe plugging it into an adaptor USBn.n -> USB1.1 may work ?
    "monsters John ... monsters from the ID..."
    "ma vule teva maar gul nol naya"

Linux Firefox 64.0

Bob,
    I had the mouse plugged into USB 3.1. I am pretty sure that turn-around response is too fast so that the same or second contact bounce is detected as the second click. One of my MB rear outputs is USB 2, I will do some testing.

We need Gnome to restore the double-click timing that they graciously (or other expletive) removed.
    Leslie in Montreal

Windows 7 Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Wayland uses libinput which tries to automatically button debounce (https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libi...ebouncing.html) and of course as a library isn't configurable itself. So if the version of Gnome you use can't adjust the settings required (they should be in settings -> Universal access -> Pointing & clicking: https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-h...eclick.html.en) then you might want to consider dropping back to Xorg rather than Wayland.

Linux Firefox 64.0

Quote Originally Posted by bobx001
    I have had the same issue with a R.A.T. gaming mouse. Ended up giving it away as a "present" lol.
    I reckon it's a USB issue, maybe plugging it into an adaptor USBn.n -> USB1.1 may work ?
    I just checked my system. I have usb ports of type 3.x gen1 and gen2. There are to additional USB ports that are identified as 3.xgen1, but the USB connector (plug) does not fit into the socket. It is blocked by the I/O shield that has the opening more narrow than the USB jack.

And by the way, a few years back, I bought some external wifi devices. They came with a 6 inch cable that acted as a USB extension. I do not use the devices but I am using the cables. I am using these as the go-between the front USB socket and the USB device. It keeps wear and tear of the two sockets to a minimum.

I have a Unicomp mechanical keyboard with 2 key rollover and a USB interface. The keyboard can lockup if any three character keys are pressed before the bios screen prompt is displayed. The only fix so far is wallplug poweroff or removing and reinserting the keyboard plug. I use one of the same cables to ease unplug/plug. That keyboard is the buckling spring kind that was made by IBM for the IBMPC. Unicomp bought the keyboard fabrication plant. It sure beats using a membrane type of keyboard.
    I have never tried any other "mechanical keyswitch" type of device.
    Last edited by lsatenstein; 22nd January 2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Leslie in Montreal

Windows 7 Firefox 64.0

You've tried a spare mouse of course? Mine (keyboard and mouse) is wired and I have no problem. Of course, come to think of it, they are plugged into dedicated USB 2 ports for them in the back panel. My USB 2.0 ports are located all the way to left looking at the back (where the o' PS/2 connector used to be located). I see on your ASUS motherboard they are 3.1 ports and you do have a old PS/2 port ... Interesting combination there. I always thought the 3.x ports (except for type C) were downward compatible with 2.x ports. Try a different mouse?

It is an Apple mouse. Feels good in the hand and is sculptured in smooth white plastic.

I set it aside for now and started to use my Logitech wireless mouse. By the way I posted some other messages about having scrolling problems because of the mouse pad thicknesses. These other posts are probably part of the same problem I am having with USB 3.1 sockets.
    I'm thinking to go to the tile store to pick up a tile or two to test as a mouse pad.
    Leslie in Montreal

Linux (Fedora) Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Did you try dropping back to xorg to see if it works?

My installed F29 has no gear option on the login screen. Will try adding xorg stuff or just switching full time to KDE. KDE is installed on a second drive. It appears to work well with the keyboard and the mouse.
    Leslie in Montreal