Which new Fedora logo design do you prefer? - Page 2
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

View Poll Results: Which new Fedora logo design do you prefer?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Candidate #1

12 70.59%
  • Candidate #2

1 5.88%
  • Neither, leave it alone

4 23.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Linux Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Re: Which new Fedora logo design do you prefer?

The goal is to provide a constructive and respectful feedback on the chosen design option either to the blog or the design team ticket.

Anyhow, I've added a 3rd option to the poll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobuck
    I'm sorry, I read the link and I just don't buy it. You missed the biggest problem, changing the logo loses the "brand" recognition.
    I for one would have voted to keep the existing logo if you had provided that option. You seem to be collecting votes to justify the change vs really asking our opinion.
    We here at fedoraforum missed nothing, the planned changes are not our doing. Finalzone has posted the opportunity for you all to read and choose for yourselves, give feedback on the blog page or the design ticket. Any such feedback should not be directed to us here but to the design special interest group.

Linux Firefox 64.0

I am pragmatic. Does the logo change make my machine perform better? If yes, then go for a change.
    my only recommendation is to replace the sideways teardrop with something else. I thought that I would like to see a blue Fedora F logo, that gets progressively whiter from the bottom up, until the logon is presented.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 64.0

I'm sorry, I read the link and I just don't buy it. You missed the biggest problem, changing the logo loses the "brand" recognition.
    I for one would have voted to keep the existing logo if you had provided that option. You seem to be collecting votes to justify the change vs really asking our opinion.
    Logistics is the main problem on the the current logo. Try printing in black and white then the subtle infinity symbol is lost as noticed on Font Awesome. Additionally, even though the logo predated Facebook brand, some people managed to confuse both.
    Desktop CPU: AMD Phenom II(tm) X4 Processor 940 AM2+ - Memory: 8GB DDR2-RAM - GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 560 4GB OC - OS: Fedora 29 Workstation x86-64 and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Laptop HP ENVY x360 15- APU: AMD Ryzen 2500U - Memory: 16GB DDR4-RAM - Storage: Samsung 860 1TB SSD - OS: Fedora 29 Design Suite x86-64

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 64.0

I like the current one the best but if I had to choose one I'd go with Candidate #1

Candidate #1 looks good to my eyes.

Windows NT 10.0 Chrome 71.0.3578.98

if I showed that to a random person and asked them what letter they saw you'd probably get 40% d, 40% P, 10% F and a few S's and C's etc thrown in for good measure
    Without looking too hard all I see is the infinitely symbol. Maybe that's intentional to stop any confusion with facebook?

Personally I thought the original design was clever of infinity + freedom + voice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo-history-threelements.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	30007

But if that's too close for comfort to the facebook symbol then maybe try changing the colour scheme?

Windows NT 10.0 Chrome 71.0.3578.98

I should add that I do actually like Candidate #1 so if I had to choose between these I would vote for that.

Windows 7 Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Quote Originally Posted by maxlinux
    But if that's too close for comfort to the facebook symbol then maybe try changing the colour scheme?
    Maybe a red voice box, white freedom and the missing infinity parts in light red or grey? Fedora is related to red hat after all...

Linux (Fedora) Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Huh? Lots of large companies change their logo over time, just to become more modern and stylized. For example, IBM and AT&T. Others include Toyota and Cathay Pacific.

Linux (Fedora) Chrome 71.0.3578.98

I prefer Candidate #2, simple and clean. But it would be better if the logo is on a gradient of blue instead of a single shade.

Linux (Android 9) Chrome 71.0.3578.99

Quote Originally Posted by ocratato
    I started reading the linked blog, but about half way through the thought occurred: "What an enormous amount of time and effort on what must surely rate as one of the world's least important problems."
    Hi Ocratato, when there is a lull in activities, the 'make work" activities focus on the mundane.
    Both the Gnome and KDE logon screens and the boot screens have excess free space to present other information. My cellphone shows time and weather. Why not allow we users to take advantage of that free space.
    During the boot process, present something more inviting than the 90degree teardrop.

Back to the logos. The idea is to use the favourite on all official communications. Here too, it's time to introduce some color. All I see is that Fedora has replaced black and white with navy blue and white. So much opportunity to make Fedora more inviting with use of color and more imaginative designs.

RED HAT uses bright red. Can Fedora do something using the rainbow band of colors?
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2