Gnome Box: run 32-bit on 64-bit? The reverse? Both Fedora, both the same release. - Page 2
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Linux (Fedora) Firefox 64.0

Re: Gnome Box: run 32-bit on 64-bit? The reverse? Both Fedora, both the same release.

Lots to get done this time of year probably explains it.

I got the x86_64 version of Fedora 29 installed and updated on my usual desktop last night and just finished installing and updating the i386 version on it, which made me wonder if there's a way to back up the i386 version somehow, somewhere, as an .iso file.

The box doesn't seem to remember a passwd set for root or a power setting for keeping the screen lit. Also, if the screen goes dark during a box's software update it seems too busy to notice cursor movement to re-light the screen.

Michael

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 64.0

Re: Gnome Box: run 32-bit on 64-bit? The reverse? Both Fedora, both the same release.

I just did a netinstall of Debian 9 686. It took quite a while, so long I thought it was stalled and almost aborted it. I glad I didn't. Quite interesting as the OS and wireless setups are "virtually" automatic, a blessing for newbies. I've tried many Linux distros but none seemed to measure up in ease of use to Fedora, so I've been with it since Core 2.

Thanks for the help, and Merry Christmas to all.

Michael

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 65.0

I've found these "boxes" helpful for a project I'm working on, but Fedora's 32-bit ones seem kind of flakey.

I had a problem with the Fedora 29 Live box, so I tried the netinstall box and just encountered the same problem. How's this for odd? I have two project files, one (test) for 104 files that are put in a library and another file (examples) that test the library code. When I changed a file in test, did a "make -B" and rebuilt the library, I needed to be super user to store it in /usr/local/lib. But changing to su moved me to a place where an "ls" command only listed a single file

a - strind.o
    a - subsbt.o
    a - subst.o
    a - substp.o
    a - test.o
    a - top.o
    [mrice@localhost test]$ sudo su -
    [sudo] password for mrice:
    [root@localhost ~]# ls
    anaconda-ks.cfg
    [root@localhost ~]#
    [root@localhost ~]# cd ..
    [root@localhost /]#

I moved back to the test directory and moved the new library but am also getting other weird behavior.

I changed one of the example files last night, one that was giving me error messages about using Fortan Hollerith for character input to a function. So I changed it , but tonight the file is back just as it was before I changed it.

I also changed my box screen wallpaper last night, to have it stand out against the Fedora 29 64-bit host's wallpaper and it's back to the same background again tonight.

Is this common with these boxes. Is there a place where people can report these oddities?

Michael

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 65.0

I just figured out my mistake. When I attempted to reinstall the Fedora 29 netinstall box on this, my office computer, the netinstall version wasn't in the box menu for installation. I had installed the netinstall version on my living room computer that's connected to my TV after I had the same problem I wrote about the Live version in my last post, on that computer. So, the netinstall version is still good, and I'm going to download and install it today. Sorry about the blunder.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2