Seven inches zippers
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Android 8.0.0) Chrome 70.0.3538.110

Seven inches zippers

When jeans first came out, the belt loop area was above the waist. Tightening the belt served to keep the top of the jeans above the hips, so that there was no jean sliding down as the belt loop circumference was smaller than the hip one.

Nowadays jeans are made with 7 inch zippers. The belt area is on the hips and tightening the belt to the hips does not work. The jeans gradually slide downwards as the belt not cinching in above the waist. We see Jean wearers with shirts hanging out, or worse, we pull the jeans up tight to secure them and that causes inconveniences below the waist.

Am I the only male experiencing this design or cost cutting side effect?
    Bring back jeans with the 8 inch zipper. Let the belt area be above the waist. Let us have the comforts we men deserve.

A positive effect on short zipper jeans is sitting discomfort. I need to get away from the terminal often.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Windows 7 Firefox 63.0

Re: Seven inches zippers

Yep... I've noticed big time. Don't like it either. Evidently the designers never use what they make .... Either that or they come from off planet and have a way different life form shape than us.

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 60.0

Actually from off continent. Read the label and anticipate the source of the components.

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 63.0

Yeah, Leslie. I've also noticed that zipper stems, the part with the YKK printed on it, are a bit shorter than they used to be. Bringing this topic back to Linux, that short zipper stem is obviously an intentional design flaw and, most certainly, a security problem, all to shave a bit off the costs microzipper must otherwise incur. Let us support the FZF.
    Linux should NEVER use short zipper stems.

Aha, I am not alone. Thank you guys.

By the way, I also tried the "Tall men's shops". The only difference between regular and tall was in the length of the legs on these latter blue devils.
    Leslie in Montreal

perhaps duty(Tax) rate changes on zipper sizes.For example, we, in India, Tax slabs on cigarrates changes depending on size(Length) of cigarrates.

We older men have grown a bit around the waist. I have the same diameter body from my armpits down past my hips. Maybe it's time for we with flab to sew some buttons on the jeans and hook on some suspenders. It will be my new fashion trend.
    Last edited by lsatenstein; 7th December 2018 at 01:16 AM.
    Leslie in Montreal

Linux Chrome 70.0.3538.77

or just check the cut of the jeans you are buying and stay well away from jeggings, nobody wants to see that . they still have different fits available, not all of them are skinny fit, low hip jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    or just check the cut of the jeans you are buying and stay well away from jeggings, nobody wants to see that . they still have different fits available, not all of them are skinny fit, low hip jeans.
    The big box stores and men's shops cater to the masses. Wife and I did the tools and also Googled shops within 45 min drive from home. Only need to get it tailor made
    Leslie in Montreal

Linux Chrome 70.0.3538.77

Try Toronto then next time you are there, you may have more luck. Suspenders mean something very different here, that was a scary mental image...

What you call suspenders we call braces