No Sound with XMMS
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux Chrome 70.0.3538.77

No Sound with XMMS

Last week I plugged in an HDMI cable and to support that changed my pulse audio volume control configuration to "HDMI 2 + analog input." When I was finished, I changed the configuration back to "analog stereo duplex".

XMMS has not worked since then; I don't know why. I haven't found much help searching on line for this. I've been using XMMS for years.

As of today, XMMS won't even load a playlist. I have my session start to launch XMMS on a certain playlist and it launches empty. When I try to manually load a playlist, it doesn't work.

I'm using XFCE Fedora 28 Linux. Can anyone offer any advice?

Linux Chrome 70.0.3538.77

Re: No Sound with XMMS

I recreated the playlist by loading the songs and saving the playlist. I can now load and play a playlist. XMMS acts as if it is playing. The little output monitor on the face bounces up and down and the play indicator scrolls across the face of the player. But there is no sound.

Pulse Audio Volume Control does not see any audio playback stream from XMMS. Rhythmbox works, VLC player works, etc. but XMMS does not have a playback stream in Pulse Audio Volume Control.

I have completed un-installed and re-installed XMMS, and I deleted the ~/.xmms folder to make sure everything is back to the default settings.

I am completely stumped as to why XMMS should not be working now, as it worked on this system until just very recently.