F29 xfce download "test compose". a problem?
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux Chrome 70.0.3538.77

F29 xfce download "test compose". a problem?

On the F29 xfce's spin official download page (https://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce...oad/index.html) it states:

"Although this spin failed to compose for the final release, this test compose contains fixes over the final content to allow for a successful compose and should meet most users' needs. You can verify the test compose image with a dedicated CHECKSUM file for 64-bit and 32-bit images."

What does this mean? Will there be a fixed ISO download?

Thanks.

Linux Firefox 63.0

Re: F29 xfce download "test compose". a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by roundboy
    On the F29 xfce's spin official download page (https://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce...oad/index.html) it states:

"Although this spin failed to compose for the final release, this test compose contains fixes over the final content to allow for a successful compose and should meet most users' needs. You can verify the test compose image with a dedicated CHECKSUM file for 64-bit and 32-bit images."

Thanks.
    This question was addressed in the ask.fedora project page here: https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/que...n/?sort=latest

I had the same concerns and I installed the xfce version on my laptop but was getting some sleep/wake issues. My screen wouldn't turn back on after waking, I am not sure if that is due to my laptop and settings or the new version of fedora. I didn't have any issues with fedora 28 xfce but I will keep testing it to see if its my settings.

Quote Originally Posted by EricDArneson

I had the same concerns and I installed the xfce version on my laptop but was getting some sleep/wake issues. My screen wouldn't turn back on after waking, I am not sure if that is due to my laptop and settings or the new version of fedora. I didn't have any issues with fedora 28 xfce but I will keep testing it to see if its my settings.
    Do you have any logs? journalctl should show something?

Quote Originally Posted by roundboy

Thanks.
    I missed the imsettings package when I moved all the xfce packages to 4.13. That's what caused the iso build failure. The available image *should* be fine. It is built by the Fedora project, of course. IT has not gone through the typical QA process.

My problem with the black screen wasn't Fedora 29 XFCE since I tried Manjaro and Debian and it happens on them as well. It turns out it was deep sleep in my bios settings that weren't happy with my power settings in Linux. Once I turned off the advanced deep sleep or whatever it was called everything is fine now.