Black screen error
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    iOS  12.0.1 (iPhone) Safari 12.0

Black screen error

Hello!
    When i power-ul my laptop , the screen remains black and i don’t know how to fix it . Here is a photo of screen. Help me please !
    http://i.imgur.com/Cn5AvJn.jpg
    Last edited by radonloto; 23rd October 2018 at 03:34 PM.

Linux Pale Moon 28.1.0

Re: Black screen error

The error message suggests you do a manual fsck. fsck needs to work on filesystems that are not mounted, so you could use a live-disk or a rescue disk and run something like: fsck -f -y /dev/sda2 to have fsck run over the filesystem and repair what it can. Otherwise you could try the method of adding the kernel option: fsck.mode=force. You could do that by booting your system, and after the grub menu appears, you hit e, and then navigate down to the kernel line, add the option after a space, then hit cntl+x to boot. Both methods have worked for me in the past, but I haven't used either for a few years so I hope things haven't changed since then.

iOS  12.0.1 (iPhone) Safari 12.0

Thanks for advices! I couldn’t do anything ... just didn’t work . I,ll better reinstal win. :-)
    Thanks anyway !

Windows 7 Chrome 70.0.3538.77

Geo, since I am not sure what BIOS you have, I am going out on a limb here and assuming that you have an AMI BIOS—since all you get are 4 beeps and no other error (Beep) codes. A series of four short beeps indicates memory failure in the first 64 KB of operational memory or that Timer 1 on the motherboard is not functioning. One long beep followed by three short beeps indicates memory problems.

So right now, I would start there. Take out the RAM , then insert it again. If still has the beep error, change the RAM or pull one memory stick and then start up. Then install the memory stick with love dp and pull the other one. This should reset your memory and it should (could) work. Also remember that the DV series has some serious overheating issues. I am not sure if this is part of what is going on with yours. Just keep it in mind. Problem explains it a bit and can help you out if it is an overheating issue. Let us know what works so we can continue to help you out. Good Luck.