[SOLVED] No Email
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux Firefox 60.0

No Email

I have a desktop and a laptop, both connected to the router/modem by ethernet cables, and beginning yesterday when I booted them the mail checker app on my laptop always times out, and trying to send or receive mail from Thunderbird or Evolution takes a full 5 minutes. Other internet access is still working great, and the mail checker app and send/receive mail still works fine on my desktop.

If I connect the laptop by wireless sending and receiving mail works again, although my mail checker app still times out. I tried swapping ethernet cables, but the desktop still works as expected and the laptop still doesn't. I haven't changed any network or firewall settings, and I looked for SELinux problems and none are apparent.

I'm starting to wonder if the ethernet card in my laptop has developed a problem. Any other ideas?
    Thanks
    Mike
    I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here.

Linux Firefox 60.0

Re: No Email

Thursday and Friday my email was impossibly slow over ethernet, but OK over wifi. This morning everything automagically started working normally over ethernet again. SO I guess I'll mark this thread solved-ish.
    I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here.

Linux Firefox 60.0

Re: No Email

For what it's worth - every couple weeks I need to reboot my wireless router. While it sits there lights blinking happily, my laptop has no wireless connection and the devices (laptop, iphone) are unable to login. Once the router is rebooted all is right with the world.
    Change - the only constant.