Fedora installation error checking storage configuration
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Windows NT 10.0 Chrome 69.0.3497.100

Unhappy Fedora installation error checking storage configuration

Hello guys, I recently tried to install fedora as a second os from a usb but after choosing installation destination I got error checking storage configuration. So I decided to install it on a virtual machine while i find a solution and saw that if I choose manual installation I get the same error, so here are the screenshots. When trying to install it as a second os I also set "/"(without the quotation marks) as a mount point. I would appreciate any help. If you need additional information please tell me what you need and how I can get that information, because I don't really know what I am doing. (Sorry for making this so hard for you).

Edit: So I tried to install fedora on my actual computer and here is what I did and what I got: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=19461k&s=9 ; http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10nvrrt&s=9 . I found out that my problem is very similar to this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comm...und_see_below/. I did this: I also did what what this says: If you're in Manual Partitioning, you should click Unknown to find the existing Windows partitions, click on the EFI System partition, and on the right side UI set the mount point to /boot/efi and then click Update Settings. It created automatically a boot/efi thing but I still got the error. And I found out my SSD disk is gpt: https://i.redd.it/te4rfd1hf0q11.png. And i am at a loss. *sigh*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (7).png 
Views:	12 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	29838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8).png 
Views:	10 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	29839  
    Last edited by damnedMachine; 4th October 2018 at 12:24 AM.

Re: Fedora installation error checking storage configuration

your screenshot doesn't show any partitions, only free space. click the + button to create some partitions or if unsure how to proceed with that, use the automatic partitioning option instead of custom with blivet. just make sure you only select the intended USB device so your existing OS is not touched.

I am going to edit the post and add some relevant pictures in some minutes. But I have to go now or my meal will burn. Bear with me. Sorry about that.

I get an image upload failed

no problem, hope your dinner was not too far gone. anyhow, the forum isn't great at handling image attachments, I tend to use third-party hosts myself for screenshots like tinypic.

Thank you, it was fine (the dinner). I edited my post and added more information.

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.100

the EFI partition created is way too large it only needs to be 250MiB maximum, also please expand the unknown list there may already be an EFI partition you could use which has the right size and flags assigned. it should help also establish what partition layout the existing operating system is using. this is important as you seem to be have MBR and GPT partition layouts over the two respective drives at the moment.

I read this somewhere: "If you're in Manual Partitioning, you should click Unknown to find the existing Windows partitions, click on the EFI System partition, and on the right side UI set the mount point to /boot/efi and then click Update Settings", and did it and it automatically created a 99 mb /boot/efi partition but it still didn't work. If you need it I can do it again and take a photo.

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 62.0

I keep my set of partitions always assigned. Therefore, like you, I get the message about no space.
    However, with anaconda, there is the custom radio button on the disk selection window. When invoked along with the disk selection, all the available partitions are presented.
    Do the re-assignments you need. And by the way, the following is the sequence I use for my disk layout
    [biosboot][/boot][/][var][swap][home][swap2 for hybernate/suspend/resume]
    biosboot -1meg, do not allocate more as anaconda rejects using it, even it it is set to 2 megs
    [ /boot] one gig (follow what anaconda would do on a full disk installation)
    [/] about 25gigs as I use an SSD for installation
    [/var] about 20gigs as I use an SSD
    note [/ and /var] don't have to be separate if you have a newer SSD. In that case, I for installation of large software selection use 40gigs.
    [swap] 8 gigs
    [/swap hybernate/suspend] 8 gigs
    [/home] as large a space as you want to allocate.
    What is the [swap hybernate]? It is something recent with Fedora. With a single LInux installation on your computer, you may not need it.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840