Want to try a live install of Fedora 28 for a test drive sort of thing... BUT...
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux Chrome 61.0.3163.102

Question Want to try a live install of Fedora 28 for a test drive sort of thing... BUT...

Hi, I wanted to see if Fedora 28 (LXQt or LXDE) spin would make a good OS for the little Samsung n150 I have (it was a freebie!).

I just want to be sure that either works nicely via a test drive with a persistent install. Since this little laptop is kept at university and I use it rather a lot. I just don't want to commit to a full blown install on it until I have some idea of how well Fedora works on it. I'm sure it will work just fine, but I just want to get used to it first before starting from scratch for the old OS thing.

Anyway, I found out soon enough that just picking a USB drive to make an install is no easy thing!

Can anyone give me any hints or tips on how to make a persistent USB install of Fedora 28?

Thanks in advance!
    ~*~ Mynaardt ~*~

Victoria, BC, Canada

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.100

Re: Want to try a live install of Fedora 28 for a test drive sort of thing... BUT...

you can install to USB thumb drive if it is large enough and anyhow media created from the Fedora ISO image doesn't work properly with persistence. I've done it before with a 64GB one. just make sure you install the bootloader to the USB drive too. As long as it is the only drive selected during setup that will happen.

Linux Chrome 61.0.3163.102

Re: Want to try a live install of Fedora 28 for a test drive sort of thing... BUT...

Okay, thanks. I'll try again.

I think I may have been going about the install process wrong just because I'm not used to the Anaconda installer.
    ~*~ Mynaardt ~*~

Victoria, BC, Canada