Attention Spammers - You're Doing It WRONG!
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Linux (Fedora) Chrome 69.0.3497.92

Attention Spammers - You're Doing It WRONG!

*sigh* I've been nailing you for nearly 14 years now and I'm shocked that you still are as dumb as doorknobs! Pay Attention, scum, you need to step up your game!

First off: Use a valid email address. A stupid fish (dumb-bass) who puts in a fake email addy will never get the confirmation email to complete the registration and you'll never be able to post your junk! And using email addys that are run by other spammers will get you noticed in a bad way.

Second: If your IP addy shows you in Viet Nam, it's not going to fly under the radar to say you're in Vancouver! Likewise, if you've been banned at 587 other sites with that IP addy, get a new one, dude! We do check!

Third: If you register as SusieQLoveDoll, that just MIGHT set off some alarms.

Fourth: You somehow think that listing your spamalot homepage will get tons of attention. Dude, NOBODY sees it, especially if you never post. Heck, nobody even knows you exist except by your posts!

Fifth: If you DO manage to post, it really would help if you knew something, ANYTHING, about Fedora or linux. "Hey, do you like video games" just ain't gonna fly. Oh, and if you copy/paste someone else's thoughts from another thread, realize it probably isn't going to mean squat to a different topic. Yep, nailed again.

So, here's the bottom line. Your bot won't work because it doesn't respond to the email confirmation, give that idea up. You can take the time to actually register and do all that typing, but for what? We cross-check everyone and will not only ban you for life but also report your information to central spam banks. If you do make it past all that and get your junk into a post, it's most likely going to end up in Moderation where nobody but Admins can see it and then ban you. Really, is all this worth it? Are you really so ugly and stupid that you can't get a decent job in the real world? Yep, judging from the quality of your work, that's probably true. Keep 'em coming, I'm always here.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.92

Re: Attention Spammers - You're Doing It WRONG!

>*sigh* I've been nailing you for nearly 14 years now and I'm shocked that you still are as dumb as doorknobs! Pay Attention, scum, you need to step up your game!

Loved yer rant! Thanks for a nice Sunday-morning-coffee read. 'Tis why I gave up running Linux boards a long time ago. Life's too short, and I'm even younger than you (but not by much). Again, thanks for the read.

regards

EDIT: I am personally aware of how *tough* you are with registration. My wife's website was considered a commercial venture (which it is), and you required I provide bona fides to complete registration. I like that approach.
    Last edited by c00ter; 16th September 2018 at 05:24 PM.

Yeah, you made it under the wire by the skin of your teeth. Glad to have you with us, ya ol' spammer!

Linux (Ubuntu) Firefox 62.0

Yes this feels good, even if you know they won't read it.

Final note: Having a bio that mentions you're a 39 yr. old lady who just loves a good time, "click here" isn't going to fool me! Well, yeah, the first 10 times or so, but NO MORE!

Linux (Ubuntu) Firefox 62.0

Send me a $1000 deposit and I'll put you down for a share of a bridge I'm buildiing in the desert...
    I used to miss my wife but then my aim improved.

Hey there, CONGRATS! We had a spammer with Promise! He checked out clean, used a Gmail addy, wisely held back for a week or so and then POSTED! OOPS, you gave it a good try by linking key words to your junk site, but it was on an 11-yr. old thread and your post showed that you are using Windows. So, your life was cut short, you are now flagged across the internet and you got zero clicks for your junk. It was a damned nice try though. Congrats, loser!

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.100

amusing topic, shame the spambots can't actually read it

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.100

creating a new profile and adding 'solutions' to dormant threads by posting nothing but links to a youtube video and a blog is also nothing more than blatant spam and will result in an immediate and permanent ban

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 62.0

Ah well, I kinda liked the guy's stuff, so I let him live awhile. Of course, I didn't realize that Nigeria was a part of Germany.

Linux Chrome 70.0.3538.67

yeah it's a short drive from Ziegelhausen