May I suggest a Newbie area in the forum? - Page 2
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Linux Firefox 61.0

Re: May I suggest a Newbie area in the forum?

Some newbies are too shy to ask questions, sometimes because they do not understand the answer or do not fully understand the Linux issue. I am not suggesting a "anything goes" forum, but one where the "newbie" knows he can go to ask his question. A good idea about particiation is to visit this link.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.92

Generally, newcomer questions are handled pretty gently. If they criticize Fedora, though they tried to make a safe place to do that, some folks will criticize them back. I really don't see a need for it. For myself, and I suspect many others, I check the new posts when I visit the forums and don't pay much attention to the section, my logic being that questions, even when it's obvious the person hasn't looked at all, are handled nicely.

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.100

Quote Originally Posted by Feromi
    How does a suggestions&feedback appeal to a new user asking a fedora specific question? I'm at a loss here.
    Nobody is saying suggestions and feedback is the right place to ask a fedora specific question, you made a suggestion about the forum which is why your thread is located here in suggestions and feedback.

What we are trying and clearly failing to explain here is that it doesn't matter if the person asking a question is a new user or an old hand. they will all get treated with the same level of respect and courtesy. that's why it's not particularly necessary to create a new sub-section and have each new user post as newbie.

not everyone who is new to Fedora is a complete Linux newbie. all users can tell who is new in the forum by the post count and usually by the questions asked as well.

A typical and fairly easy solution would be to create an 'Introduce yourself' thread in Fedora Focus that could then be stuck to the top of the list. all members, not just newbies could voluntarily post in that should they feel the urge to divulge some personal bio and/or say why they are using Fedora.

If you want to do the honours and open such a thread, feel free to do so.

Linux (Fedora) Chrome 69.0.3497.100

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    Nobody is saying suggestions and feedback is the right place to ask a fedora specific question, you made a suggestion about the forum which is why your thread is located here in suggestions and feedback.

What we are trying and clearly failing to explain here is that it doesn't matter if the person asking a question is a new user or an old hand. they will all get treated with the same level of respect and courtesy. that's why it's not particularly necessary to create a new sub-section and have each new user post as newbie.

not everyone who is new to Fedora is a complete Linux newbie. all users can tell who is new in the forum by the post count and usually by the questions asked as well.

A typical and fairly easy solution would be to create an 'Introduce yourself' thread in Fedora Focus that could then be stuck to the top of the list. all members, not just newbies could voluntarily post in that should they feel the urge to divulge some personal bio and/or say why they are using Fedora.

If you want to do the honours and open such a thread, feel free to do so.

Of course I understand it's one of the reasons why I prefer this to riscontrerei Italian Forum where less trouble!

In any case I think many guides could use to all and especially to study on how to make full use of every tool that makes up the system!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2