dvd::rip no longer available on Fedora 28
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux Firefox 52.0

dvd::rip no longer available on Fedora 28

I recently upgraded to Fedora 28 and noticed that dvd::rip was no longer available. It's a shame as I had actually managed to figure out how to use that software. Is there any easy way to shoehorn it back on, or has it been renamed to something else? I see that 'dvdrip-master' is there, but I need the gui.

Or is there better software that I should be using? (easy to use). I'm just trying to back up my DVDs and keep them on a usb stick so that I don't have to keep changing disks... (Kids shows for my son)

Tried installing with --releasever=27, but complained about a bunch of dependencies.

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.81

Re: dvd::rip no longer available on Fedora 28

well both packages were/are hosted and maintained by RPMFusion which is not a main fedora repository. dvdrip breaks Fedora's package inclusion rules given what it is for.

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.81

Re: dvd::rip no longer available on Fedora 28

Thread cleaned up and closed and in hindsight I should have done this earlier. The reasons should be obvious but I'll elaborate. Ripping commercial DVD contents even just for personal use is illegal in most countries without asking the copyright owner's permission. As such this thread contained contents about an illegal activity which is not permitted here for the protection of the forum owners against any potential lawsuits.