SteamPlay
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Fedora) Chrome 68.0.3440.106

SteamPlay

SteamPlay propose a Wine version called Proton with Vulkan layer for Direct X compatibility.

So, we can play steam windows Games on linux !

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9439-QHKN-1308
    https://itsfoss.com/steam-play/

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 61.0

Re: SteamPlay

This is cool and hopefully it spurs people to make native Linux games (both commercial and non-commercial)

I hate Steam to be honest. It's slow and it always wants to update itself. Still, it's a beginning.

Linux Chrome 69.0.3497.81

that's the idea behind Valve doing this I believe. I hope it works out and will be trying this with my recently overhauled gaming rig soon. At present it only runs Windows because the majority of my games collection in Steam were not listed as linux compatible. I also have uPlay titles like The Crew 2 installed so not sure if I'll be able to access those at all via WINE and others that I cannot locate on WineHQ.

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 62.0

I've got Star Trek Online and Fallout 3 GOTY working under it. Even if the game isn't listed as Linux compatible, you can change a setting and try using SteamPlay with ANY steam game.
    Running Fedora 28 64-bit on a HP/Compaq Presario CQ5320F 2.8GHz Quad-core Phenom II 925 CPU, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX1050 TI SC 4GB GDDR5 video card. Vizio E221-A1 22" 1080p HDTV with HDMI, using 1080P (1920x1080) over HDMI