Trinity Destkop
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Fedora) Firefox 61.0

Trinity Destkop

I have followed the instructions for installing the Trinity Desktop Environment. I'm getting the following messages: "Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'trinity-r14', disabling" and "Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'trinity-r14-noarch', disabling". How can I fix this? Thanks.

Linux (Ubuntu) Firefox 61.0

Re: Trinity Destkop

try again at some point. failure to sync may mean the trinity repositoriese are temporarily down

Linux Chrome 68.0.3440.84

I went to http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org...4/RPMS/noarch/ and downloaded trinity-desktop-all-14.0.4-1.fc28.noarch.rpm, trinity-desktop-applications-14.0.4-1.fc28.noarch.rpm, and trinity-desktop-devel-14.0.4-1.fc28.noarch.rpm. I received "failed dependencies" for each rpm I attempted to install. Any ideas? Thanks.

Linux Firefox 61.0

no not without seeing the failed dependencies output.

however step one of the instructions says to enable the RPM Fusion repository and as of now only refers to F27 which could mean F28 is not yet supported. If you haven't already done so that may produce failed dependencies. additionally, Trinity may be out of synch with latest libraries offered by Fedora and or RPM Fusion repositories. If the packages from Trinity are expecting older libraries than you have installed then that is another failure reason.

Linux Chrome 68.0.3440.84

https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration. There is a link here for F28. The free and the non-free repositories have been added to my repository list.

There is a lot of output on the failed dependencies. Can I rerun and make it write to a log so I can provide to you? I appreciate your assistance on this. I have much to learn.

Linux (Android 6.0) Android Browser 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy1256
    https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration. There is a link here for F28. The free and the non-free repositories have been added to my repository list.

There is a lot of output on the failed dependencies. Can I rerun and make it write to a log so I can provide to you? I appreciate your assistance on this. I have much to learn.
    I mean Trinity Project may not support F28, RPM Fusion has done for a long time