FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Fedora) Firefox 60.0

unreadable error messg --semaphore -- is only readable content--korora--shutdown proc

(I lack the skills to read/find the error messg. I am illiterate.)
    There is an unreadable error ---that contains the 'word semaphore', --upon normal shutdown of korora 26-kernal ver. 4.16.11--possible vlc media player fault connection.

1. I cannot find the version of 26 korora that I have in kde info center.

2. I do not know where to find the error upon shutdown journal (error messg looping, filling the screen ).

3. There is a probable connection of the messg to fatal fault in the vlc media player. Which I would also like help with. This is lack of playing of the video while audio is playing and then an ambiguous error messg.
    4. The error upon shutdown-- is a looping full screen unreadable message.(I did not know if I need a korora specific fix for the problem and I did not know enough to relate to non korora threads.) .........
    thankyou.

Linux Firefox 61.0

Re: unreadable error messg --semaphore -- is only readable content--korora--shutdown

Moved to EOL because Fedora 26 is end of life and so is Korora 26. Korora developers are also taking a sabbatical which means it won't get any further stability updates, security updates or distribution upgrades for the foreseeable future.

You really need to upgrade your system. Doing so should also address this semaphore error. Please follow this upgrade to Fedora 28 guide posted on Korora's engage (you can put the value 27 instead of 28 if you don't want to jump two releases in one upgrade although it should work fine):

https://kororaproject.org/support/en...to-fedora-28-1

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 60.0

Re: unreadable error messg --semaphore -- is only readable content--korora--shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    Moved to EOL because Fedora 26 is end of life and so is Korora 26. Korora developers are also taking a sabbatical which means it won't get any further stability updates, security updates or distribution upgrades for the foreseeable future.

You really need to upgrade your system. Doing so should also address this semaphore error. Please follow this upgrade to Fedora 28 guide posted on Korora's engage (you can put the value 27 instead of 28 if you don't want to jump two releases in one upgrade although it should work fine):

https://kororaproject.org/support/en...to-fedora-28-1
    Sorry for my delayed response.I found the semaphore fault with one laptop was the nvidia setting in the bios.Question: Is fedora easy to install now or is there another korora to use? Is there an easy archiver? Do you know the cause of the semaphore error in the amd laptop now that I have fixed the nvidia laptop?