FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Fedora) Firefox 61.0

dnfdragora notification icon

Is the notification icon for dnfdragora supposed to remain in the notification area indefinitely? Currently it does, whether or not there are updates to install. I would prefer having icons only when it's meaningful for them to be there.

For example, in Ubuntu an icon would appear in the notification area if there were updates, and if the updates were installed either through the GUI or through apt in a terminal, the icon would then disappear.

If I install updates with dnf, which is my usual method, or even if I install with dnfdragora, the icon remains. Also, if I exit the icon/indicator, then it does not reappear I believe until after a reboot.

Re: dnfdragora notification icon

It is a bug mostly due to update package break some thing. Previously was only appear if there is an update(s) available.

You can help by open a bug in GitHub official site of dnfdragora at:
    https://github.com/manatools/dnfdragora

Also, open a bug in Redhat bugzilla at:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

When you open such bugs, please give their links here to join them.
    Fedora 28 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

Windows NT 10.0 Chrome 67.0.3396.99

isn't the icon remaining visible dependent on the notification tray settings for your particular desktop environment? in KDE it hides inactive icons automatically but you can configure the behaviour. It doesn't sound like a dnfdragora bug so please check before filing and getting it closed straight away by the developer concerned.

I'm not sure whether the behavior I described is a bug or normal, that's why I'm asking. I'm using MATE DE with Fedora and also used it with Ubuntu. If it's normal for dnfdagora, then certainly a feature request is in order.

I would expect/want it to behave like the software update icon in Ubuntu. Another example is the power/battery icon which can be set to appear only when the battery is charging/discharging.

Hi. The up-to-date version Cinnamon (3.8.7) has no such option to hide inactive icons ! I received it today.
    Fedora 28 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

I'm not referring to hiding inactive icons...

Another example is Windows: an taskbar icon and notification will show up when new updates are available, and will disappear (not just get hidden) after updates are installed, until the next time there are updates.

Surely this is familiar behavior...