Tried installing Fedora alongside Windows 10 - No Operating System Found
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Fedora) Firefox 59.0

Tried installing Fedora alongside Windows 10 - No Operating System Found

So, I installed Fedora on a live USB and tried installing it to my PC. I think I somehow messed up the ESP boot partition and whenever I start my computer it says "no operating system found". I can still access the live USB from my BIOS and when I check my files, they are all still intact.
    Now, I have two questions:-
    1) Is there a way to delete files from my hard drive, it is read-only right now and is it possible to change that?
    2)Is there a possibility of creating a recovery image of my Windows partition(C: drive) and back it up to a D: drive or a complete separate harddisk that i have? If there is, how do I proceed after that? What do I do to fix the boot stuff without losing the files in my D: drive which doesn't have the Windows Operating System.
    Some technical specs:-
    Running Fedora 28 Workstation
    Windows 10 OS
    1 TB HDD
    Windows Operating System drive size 60 GB(Could be reduced to around 50 if I could delete files from it)
    D: drive - 560 GB free space
    Separate harddisk - 120 GB
    Edit:
    Size of live USB running Fedora shows 6.8 GB with 1 GB free but it is actually a 16 GB USB stick.

Windows 7 Chrome 67.0.3396.99

Re: Tried installing Fedora alongside Windows 10 - No Operating System Found

Thread moved to the correct sub-forum

Linux (Fedora) Firefox 61.0

Re: Tried installing Fedora alongside Windows 10 - No Operating System Found

Does your Windows boot via UEFI or MBR? If it is a UEFI system, did you point your /boot/efi for Fedora to the Windows EFI partition during installation or did you create a separate /boot/efi partition for Fedora? Did anaconda state that you completed your install successfully?

Is there a possibility of creating a recovery image of my Windows partition(C: drive) and back it up to a D: drive
    It is always best to back up your system before installing another OS. You could use clonzilla or dd. I would back it up on another hard disk; I believe D: drive usually is on the same disk as C: drive which would not help you if something happened to your drive (or if you accidently deleted data on your hard-drive), you would lose the C: drive and the backup as well.

In any case, I believe that your Windows installation is fine.