[SOLVED] Onedrive on Fedora
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Linux (Fedora) Chrome 67.0.3396.62

Onedrive on Fedora

A search for Onedrive gave no response so here goes.

I tried installing onedrive from https://github.com/abraunegg/onedrive but could not complete the task. I then found that there was a rpm and even better that you could install with dns.

Installation went fine although documentation on how to activate it is a bit sparse. However every day when i log in i need to do a rather lengthy onedrive --resync to get synchronisation to work again. The error I get is:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $ onedrive
    Key not found: lastModifiedDateTime
    Key not found: lastModifiedDateTime
    std.json.JSONException@std/json.d(494): Key not found: lastModifiedDateTime
    ----------------
    ??:? pure @safe inout(std.json.JSONValue)* std.exception.enforce!(std.json.JSONException, inout(std.json.JSONValue)*).enforce(inout(std.json .JSONValue)*, lazy const(char)[], immutable(char)[], ulong) [0x30f7b076]
    ??:? inout pure ref @safe inout(std.json.JSONValue) std.json.JSONValue.opIndex(immutable(char)[]) [0x30fc9be6]
    ??:? [0x45c6b9]
    ??:? [0x45d523]
    ??:? [0x45d030]
    ??:? [0x45cdb5]
    ??:? [0x46c5d7]
    ??:? [0x46bcbe]
    ??:? void rt.dmain2._d_run_main(int, char**, extern (C) int function(char[][])*).runAll() [0x30abf1cf]
    ??:? _d_run_main [0x30abf0a1]
    ??:? __libc_start_main [0x2feb718a]
    ??:? [0x451509]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

When onedrive is working it is great. Anyone with any clues?

Thanks
    John

Linux Chrome 67.0.3396.79

Re: Onedrive on Fedora

Umm... given you supplied the github link we are defo talking about the same piece of software... scroll down the github page you linked and you will find full and complete installation and usage guides...

Have you performed the activation, first sync and enabled the systemd services correctly?

If you installed from an rpm I can't really help as I used the install instruction on the page ... does look a tad broken though... might be worth uninstalling the rpm cleaning up and following the info on github

Windows NT 6.3 Chrome 66.0.3359.181

Quote Originally Posted by satanselbow
    Umm... given you supplied the github link we are defo talking about the same piece of software... scroll down the github page you linked and you will find full and complete installation and usage guides...

Have you performed the activation, first sync and enabled the systemd services correctly?

If you installed from an rpm I can't really help as I used the install instruction on the page ... does look a tad broken though... might be worth uninstalling the rpm cleaning up and following the info on github
    Thanks for your reply.
    The reason I am using the rpm is that I could not get the instructions on the mentioned page to work. I may have to try again.
    Using the rpm data is syncing but only for a while then onenote --resync has to be used to continue after a few goes. I have not enabled systemd services on purpose since I want to manually sync so the files act like a backup. I don't think that this would cause the error I am getting.
    John

Linux Chrome 67.0.3396.79

My point was rather that the RPM you installed may be at fault not systemd. If you wish to sync manually that is your call

If you are struggling to install via git then I can help with that - you are correct in that the install instructions could, maybe, do with a little more explanation (make needs to be run within a D shell for example)

The 1st line of the output you posted kinda looks like the activation key is not found - maybe the RPM misplacing it - which would then snowball into the other errors you are experiencing

I agree that I should try github again - I will when I have more time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsd
    I agree that I should try github again - I will when I have more time. Thanks.
    Installed from github and it installed this time. Will trial for a while and get back - hopefully no errors now!

There is more than one place to get onedrive on GitHub - I got it from https://github.com/abraunegg/onedrive . There is at least one other onedrive page and a onedrive-d page. I believe the one I got it from is the most up to date.

After several days of trial, all seems good!

Windows 7 Chrome 67.0.3396.99

Hi,

As the current maintainer for 'onedrive' (https://github.com/abraunegg/onedrive) the RPM packages that are floating around are using the 'skilion' branch which contains several defects and issues such as the 'lastModifiedDateTime' which is articulated above.

There has been no response from 'skilion' as to fixing issues or continue development - so it would be worth getting the Fedora 'onedrive' package updated to use my branch as the source of truth. Release 1.1.2 is the latest which contains ~18 fixes, with a new release pending that contains a similar count.

Suggestion for those visit this thread in the future - do not use the rpm where version <= 1.1.1
    Last edited by abraunegg; 7th July 2018 at 12:46 AM.