FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Installation

On a new installation of Fedora 28, when I use the automatic partitioning of the disk, only about 15 GB is available after installation instead of the whole 1 TB drive. How can I use the whole disk?

Re: Installation

Hi Bullet45,
    Is the disk recycled, or new from the store? If recycled, it may not show hidden partitions.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Using parted I see that /dev/sda2 has the bulk of the space in it. What is the appropriate way to mount that on a directory? Using mount -t ext4 ... says that /dev/sda2 is already mounted. But it isn't there if i use df -k

How can I use the whole disk?
    I would clear all the partitions using a partitioning tool like parted or gdisk and start from scratch. That should give you access to the whole disk. I'd back-up data onto a usb, if there was any to back-up. Another item to consider is whether the installation is to be the automatic default, which will provide LVM or whether the user might prefer standard partitions without the extra LVM layer, in which case the user is better to choose the custom partitioning option in the installer.
    Last edited by nsnbm; 15th June 2018 at 12:44 AM.

Using parted I see that /dev/sda2 has the bulk of the space in it. What is the appropriate way to mount that on a directory? Using mount -t ext4 ... says that /dev/sda2 is already mounted. But it isn't there if i use df -k
    Could you please show us your partition layout? By commands or eventually on screenshot (thumbnail with link to external image hosting):
    Code:
    sudo parted -l
    =AND=
    sudo fdisk -l
    marcin82