[SOLVED] "dnfdragora-updater" & "yumex-dnf-updatechecker script" at "Startup Applications"
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

"dnfdragora-updater" & "yumex-dnf-updatechecker script" at "Startup Applications"

Hi. In "Startup Applications" from system setting of my Fedora Cinnamon there are 2 options:

one is "dnfdragora-updater" This is clear what is.

But at the bottom of window there is "Yum Extender Update Checker (autostart yumex-dnf-updatechecker script) !! It is switched ON !! What is this ?? I have no Yum extender DNF !! I'm already removed it since long time (since I upgraded to Fedora 26 from 24). Is it a remnant from Yumex Extender DNF & can I remove it from list safely because it has no existing file ?

Any one know about this ? What if I disable it & leave dnfdragora-updater switched ON ?
    Fedora 28 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

Re: "dnfdragora-updater" & "yumex-dnf-updatechecker script" at "Startup Applications"

Hi. "yumex-dnf-updatechecker" was remnant from Yumex Extender DNF ! I tried to "run" it from within "Startup Applications" but received message: no such file !

Yumex Extender DNF was by default not check for update periodically. I enable this option "from within" Yumex Extender DNF built-in setting. So, it led to creation of this script entry within "Startup Application. When I remove Yumex Extender DNF, it should led automatically to remove this entry from within "Startup Applications", BUT THIS DID NOT HAPPENED !

I noticed that after I disabled "yumex-dnf-updatechecker" script then delete it completely from within "Startup Applications", I gain 10 second in my booting time ! My booting time now 2 minutes & 19 second while it was 2 & 1/2 minutes !
    Fedora 28 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

PabloTwo is offline "Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

Re: "dnfdragora-updater" & "yumex-dnf-updatechecker script" at "Startup Applications"

Quote Originally Posted by User808
    When I remove Yumex Extender DNF, it should led automatically to remove this entry from within "Startup Applications", BUT THIS DID NOT HAPPENED !
    Assuming that the "Startup Applications" entry you refer to and the specific entry you mention is/was in your user $HOME directory...

When you remove a package with dnf it will only remove the directories and files that are unique to that package and were part of the original install. It will never never ever remove any configuration files that were created by running the program or by user action that put those configuration files within the users $HOME directory, or any file(s) created by the user inside or outside of the users $HOME directory. It is up to the user to manually cleanup/remove any configuration files left over in the users $HOME from a now removed program package.
    Last edited by PabloTwo; 7th June 2018 at 03:21 PM.