FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

selinux

I remember using Fedora years ago, and having several bugs with selinux, even popping up right as I first logged into gnome.

I was commenting in another thread that I've yet to have a single bug in selinux, despite my unusually minimal setup with awesome wm and user-configured vanilla kernel. Also, after a month or so of no bugs, I decided to have it kernel compiled to be always on and unable to be shut off (i.e., setenforce 1), an experiment of mine to force myself to deal with the issues should they come.

Some may be saying, "So what? Shouldn't it just work anyways?"

Yes, but, at least from what I've seen, no other distro is even close to Fedora's integration with selinux. The fact that it is all setup out-of-the-box, and I didn't have to do anything, saves so much time, especially since I know little about it and just want it to do it's thing without my intervention. Most of us desktop users just don't have the time (or patience) these days to deal with such stuff.

Anyways, a big BRAVO to the teams that set this up!

Re: selinux

Quote Originally Posted by bedtime
    no other distro is even close to Fedora's integration with selinux. The fact that it is all setup out-of-the-box, and I didn't have to do anything
    This is exactly what made me select Fedora Linux over other distros.
    Fedora 28 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)