Fedora 28 Join AD Domain in Air Gap
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Fedora 28 Join AD Domain in Air Gap

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue (and have seen this on Fedora 27 as well) when attempting to "realm join" to an Air Gapped (no internet access) AD Domain e.g.; foo.local

When doing so, the system errors (does not join AD) and complains of the following: "cannot update repo 'fedora': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: Curl error(6): Couldn't resolve host name for https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/me...28&arch=x86_64[Could not resolve host: mirrors.fedoraproject.org]

This occurs on first boot after a fresh install and choosing "Enterprise Login" or even if I create a local user and attempt to realm join when using the terminal...

Does anyone know why the system is insisting on updating a mirror after joining? RHEL and Centos do not exhibit this behavior... I have no way of getting to the fedora mirrors, but would love to be able to use a fedora system on my network...

Re: Fedora 28 Join AD Domain in Air Gap

Without being able to definitively answer the question, here are a few back at you:
    Do you suspect the system is looking to install auxiliary packages, perhaps like automount or -utils packages of some sort? Perhaps not everything was installed correctly. Can you do a realm -v join and share the scrubbed output (have fun with the re-typing over the air gap!)?

Have you tried just inserting a hosts or dnsmasq entry for mirrors.fedoraproject.org so it resolves to something and hopefully continues on with "no packages to update"?