blacklist certain mirror hosts for update?
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

blacklist certain mirror hosts for update?

[MIRROR] libreoffice-core-6.0.3.2-9.fc28.x86_64.rpm: Curl error (56): Failure when receiving data from the peer for http://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/fedora/linux/updates/28/Everything/x86_64/Packages/l/libreoffice-core-6.0.3.2-9.fc28.x86_64.rpm [Recv failure: Connection reset by peer]

Failure. Peer. Princeton. That's too much for me. I need a quick easy way to blacklist the whole ".edu" domain. Some of those docs and frat boys are simply too damn smart for their own good, and they never learned to use https.

Re: blacklist certain mirror hosts for update?

I think you have to manually define mirrors rather than being able to blacklist a particular entry from the mirrorlist that is automatically downloaded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comm...ic_dnf_mirror/

Screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	login.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	29603

I registered a domain "colmena.biz" which is kind of cool except that it happens to be a word in the Spanish language.

"El negro y el amarillo," right? The black and the yellow? I need some sort of color scheme for a "beehive" domain, but at the same time, I do realize I'm just not welcome at places like Princeton. Okay, I'm white, "blanco," but good grief, I'm mentally ill, and I'm on the Brady list. I can't even visit a university without being trespassed off the property and getting a criminal record. I'm also on the fed frat-boys' no-fly list. It's no wonder I can't download anything successfully from a place like that.

At different times of the day, mirrors go off line to receive updates. I have had dnf upgrade command fail, because of a blocked/missing mirror.
    Immediately thereafter, I do the rerun and dnf looks for and chooses a diffferent mirror.

Alaska is close to Canada, Have you tried to fetch data from University of British Columbia, or your own local university?
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Quote Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    At different times of the day, mirrors go off line to receive updates. I have had dnf upgrade command fail, because of a blocked/missing mirror.
    Immediately thereafter, I do the rerun and dnf looks for and chooses a diffferent mirror.

Alaska is close to Canada, Have you tried to fetch data from University of British Columbia, or your own local university?
    I have been trespassed off the property and viciously slandered by my local university from which I graduated with B.S. degrees in mathematics and computer science. I have been denied entry from the United States into Yukon Territory as well as Ontario, and both times the Canadian border guards followed me back into the United States and had my vehicle sabotaged beyond repair.

Part of the reason for the trespass, no doubt, is that while I was attending the University of Alaska Fairbanks many years ago, my "assistance" was requisitioned at the local Eielson Air Force Base for a rape or sexual assault that was taking place there. Years later, I was working with my cousin on a "brush clearing" job for a corrupt contractor at Camp Bonneville. Some colonel from the Army was dishonorably discharged for violating the Miller Act by failing to obtain either a payment bond and a performance bond or a waiver from the Secretary of the Army.

That did not put me in good stead with the general network of good-old-boy no-bid MIC contractors and some of the mid-to-upper ranks of the U.S. military purchasing officers who tend to get a little bit too comfortable with their suppliers and all that wining and dining around Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Quantico, Virginia. So I'm a U.S. citizen, and I am neither allowed to work in the country nor leave the country, nor obtain benefits for my alleged psychiatric disability, which is likened to a dishonorable military discharge under 18 U.S.C. 922.

And that ****ing idiot Special Prosecutor Robert Swan Mueller The Third won't stop flapping his stupid jaw, either. Just like his predecessor, Eric H. Holder, Jr.

whether a defendant who falls under more than one class of persons disqualified from possessing firearms can be charged, convicted, and sentenced for more than one count of unlawful possession of a single firearm.

Title 18, United States Code, Section 922(g) makes it unlawful for certain classes of individuals to ship, transport, possess or receive any firearm or ammunition with the required interstate commerce nexus. Those prohibited classes of persons are: convicted felons ( 922(g)(1)); fugitives from justice ( 922(g)(2)); unlawful users or addicts of controlled substances ( 922(g)(3)); mental defectives ( 922(g)(4)); illegal aliens ( 922(g)(5)); dishonorably discharged servicemen ( 922(g)(6)); and persons who have renounced their U.S. citizenship ( 922(g)(7)). The penalty provision for a violation of 922(g) appears at 18 U.S.C. 924(a)(2), which provides that a person who "knowingly" violates 922(g) "shall be fined as provided in this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both."
    And if that's not enough, we have Jefferson Sessions calling for even more aggressive unconstitutional gun control.

So because of my status as "an adjudicated mental defective" I can forget about ever again leaving the country or finding a job that requires a background check. It was not even necessary for those traitors to convict me of a felony.

You need to discuss your problems in private with a lawyer who can review all your governmental paperwork. This website is not the place for grievances.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

justina, please don't stray any further into the realms of future politics or your problems with the authorities or the thread will have to be closed. as Leslie points out the website is not the place for your governmental grievances.

using a mirror from a university (or any other establishment globally) does not require access to the location itself or any provision of ID, so unless you use a static IP that has been blacklisted for Spamming then you shouldn't have any issues. Connection failures are normally due to technical problems with the mirror server or scheduled maintenance of the mirror server.