KDE/Dolphin won't mount Sansa ZipClip?
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

KDE/Dolphin won't mount Sansa ZipClip?

Although I had no problem (approx.) 2 wks ago, Dolphin won't mount my Sansa Zip-Clip mp3 player now.

The error from Dolphin is "Error - KIO Client - The process for the mtp protocol died unexpectedly." I tried mounting a thumb drive. It may be unrelated, but for about 2 months the mount initially fails too, with the message
    An error occurred while accessing 'Home', the system responded: The device is already mounted: Device /dev/sdb1 is already mounted at `/run/media/***/***'.
    But it always works the second time I click on the device name in dolphin. This is not the case with the Zip-Clip.

Is anyone else seeing these symptoms? How to proceed?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: KDE/Dolphin won't mount Sansa ZipClip?

i've seen the same with manjaro stable previously when plugging in USB sticks. they've rolled out fixed builds of udisks2 for that OS. Fedora seems to have the same 2.7.6 builds in updates repositories. try updating to that and restart the PC if you haven't already done so.

Thanks for the reply, Antikythera.
    It looks like I've got udisks2.x86_64 version 2.7.6-1 already installed from the updates repo. So no joy there.

I tried mounting a different ZipClip and although it gave me the same error as the thumbdrive, I got that one to mount properly. So this seems to be a problem with the device (the first ZipClip) and not with dolphin.

Now onto a much bigger problem. TAXES!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbuckley2004
    Thanks for the reply, Antikythera.
    It looks like I've got udisks2.x86_64 version 2.7.6-1 already installed from the updates repo. So no joy there.

I tried mounting a different ZipClip and although it gave me the same error as the thumbdrive, I got that one to mount properly. So this seems to be a problem with the device (the first ZipClip) and not with dolphin.

Now onto a much bigger problem. TAXES!!!!!!
    then it may be worth checking the file system on the affected ZipClip.

tax returns

Yeah - when I get a moment the plan is to reset the 'Clip and, if necessary, restore the music. Not a biggie.

OT - I second the notion 'bout returns. I have 3 degrees in hard sciences, I know 4 or 5 programming languages, and I've been a "rocket surgeon". I've done about 40 returns for myself and they're still harder to understand than my ex. I suspect the complexity and ambiguity of those nonsensical instructions is intentional (and that several government functionaries should be ashamed of themselves).