[SOLVED] MConnect how to properly install the mobile extension!!!!
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Question MConnect how to properly install the mobile extension!!!!

Who would know how to help???

MConnect how to properly install the mobile extension!!!!

https://github.com/andyholmes/gnome-...i/Installation

Re: MConnect how to properly install the mobile extension!!!!

Greetings, I have that running here, If you have the shell extension for gnome installed it should show a little mobile devices icon on your task bar. If that's there, you'll need to install kdeconnectd on the computer (in fedora repositories) and kdeconnect on your phone (F-Droid or GooglePlay). under mconnect settings under the advanced tab, select kdeconnect as the service. It should pair up similar to a bluetooth device. Very handy app. The shell extension is available at extensions.gnome.org
    Good Luck.
    (It's a hobby, but I like it)

Quote Originally Posted by DaleDonofrio
    Greetings, I have that running here, If you have the shell extension for gnome installed it should show a little mobile devices icon on your task bar. If that's there, you'll need to install kdeconnectd on the computer (in fedora repositories) and kdeconnect on your phone (F-Droid or GooglePlay). under mconnect settings under the advanced tab, select kdeconnect as the service. It should pair up similar to a bluetooth device. Very handy app. The shell extension is available at extensions.gnome.org
    Good Luck.
    Thanks for the reply, as soon as I try and if I have problems again I will contact you

I could write exactly what you need on the PC to make people devices for courtesy... because I had tried but DNF not Melo found!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaleDonofrio
    Good Luck.
    Ultima verifica della scadenza dei metadati: 2:05:09 fa il dom 15 apr 2018 19:28:55 CEST.
    Nessuna corrispondenza per l'argomento: kdeconnect
    Errore: Impossibile trovare una corrispondenza:confuso::confuso::confuso::confuso:

I could really use the correct name of the package to install it please

please try your best to translate error messages to english. you do very well writing in english and we can understand most of what you post. if you can't personally translate something then make use of translate.google.com or another online translator

this is what google translate made of your last posted output which is reasonably good and lot more understandable to the majority of forum members. we have the english language only posting policy here so that users have a better chance of getting some help.

Code:
    Last verification of the expiry of the metadata: 2:05:09 ago on Sun 15 Apr 2018 19:28:55 CEST.
    No match for the topic: kdeconnect
    Error: A match could not be found
    the package to install is called kdeconnectd

also check your firewall settings, it may be as simple as the firewall blocking the connection

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment..._in_fedora_27/

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    please try your best to translate error messages to english. you do very well writing in english and we can understand most of what you post. if you can't personally translate something then make use of translate.google.com or another online translator

this is what google translate made of your last posted output which is reasonably good and lot more understandable to the majority of forum members. we have the english language only posting policy here so that users have a better chance of getting some help.

Code:
    Last verification of the expiry of the metadata: 2:05:09 ago on Sun 15 Apr 2018 19:28:55 CEST.
    No match for the topic: kdeconnect
    Error: A match could not be found
    the package to install is called kdeconnectd

also check your firewall settings, it may be as simple as the firewall blocking the connection

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment..._in_fedora_27/

You're right excuse, however it was not a mistake, but only I did not find it....

Associated device.... very convenient extension tank you!!!!!