/var is almost full - Page 2
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: /var is almost full

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH
    It sounds like you've just wiped any files older than 30 days in your home directory! Unless you have a backup the the best bet is to start a new user to restore the default files - I hope you haven't lost anything important.

Tim, you should really be more Linux newbie friendly, if you'd replaced the "." in the find command with "/var/log/journal" there would be no risk of deleting the wrong files. Side note, you can also use the -delete flag to find instead of piping find & rm although it is old Unix unfriendly.

no i always save files to my external HDD, because my /home is not really has much storage,
    i was do what you told me , and it make some files deleted , yes. but i was really did something wrong and hold enter, so i deleted some files, but it is ok, , i got it back

my /var still in low disk , your command just help for some % , , i really want to make that /var/cache become 50% usage , it still 88% now

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH
    It sounds like you've just wiped any files older than 30 days in your home directory! Unless you have a backup the the best bet is to start a new user to restore the default files - I hope you haven't lost anything important.

Tim, you should really be more Linux newbie friendly, if you'd replaced the "." in the find command with "/var/log/journal" there would be no risk of deleting the wrong files. Side note, you can also use the -delete flag to find instead of piping find & rm although it is old Unix unfriendly.
    yeah i think i should back up files before i run some command of seniors told me, i am not IT guy anyway, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    Clear out (remove /var/log and empty /var/lost+found to name two historical log files
    sir, what command i should run to do that? can u tell me, please
    i am not IT guy

I was tried to increase my /var
    So i was deleted partition on/var on live cd *parted magic*
    I back up things on there by Fsarchiver to my external HDD, then i restore after finishing to increse some space to /var
    And i tried to reboot
    Then My Fedora was in rescue mode and i run journalctl -xb to get the log , and [this is the pic of the log ](https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmKoEPFnjbNcqhmPP_A-saLeQQ)

Is there any solution to fix this ?
    Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2