FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Bumblebee issues

I have a laptop with optimus technology and I wanted to install bumblebee to save some power. I followed the fedora wiki, and everything seemed to be fine. But when I rebooted, on the opening screen it says "Nvidia kernel module missing, falling back to nouveau. I remember I enabled the bumblebeed service and disabled nvidia-fallback. When checked the status of bumblebee with systemctl, it says active(running), and the status of nvidia-fallback is active(exited). I also ran "optirun --status" and it says "Bumblebee status: Ready (3.2.1). X inactive. Discrete video card is on." Lastly, I tried "cat /proc/acpi/bbswitch", and it returnes "0000:02:00.0 ON". Is it normal or is there something wrong? is Bumble really running? Which driver is bumblebee using? If you know what is going on, please help me, thank you.

Re: Bumblebee issues

Also, when I tried to run nvidia x server settings, a pop up window says: you do not appear to be using the nvidia x driver. please edit your x configuration file (just run 'nvidia-xconfig' as root), and restart the x server. Is this normal?