FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Resolution out scale

Good morning
    I'm installing Fedora server 25(i386) on an old IBM eServer and i'm having problems with the resolution.
    When the gui start (during the installation) the resolution goes out of my monitor scale and i don't know how to decrase it and i can't log in from the ssh client.
    I need help.
    Thank u for your time.

Re: Resolution out scale

You could try to alter the resolution on installation by using the anaconda resolution option, for example: resolution='1024x768'
    To do this you need to access the boot line and add this option before the installation boots up. You need to choose a resolution that is suitable for you monitor.

Another possible approach is to use the keyboard to move about the screen by using the alt+mouse combination. You hold down the alt key and with the mouse pointer pressed, move the mouse so that the part of the screen that is off the monitor, comes into view.

Re: Resolution out scale

Quote Originally Posted by nsnbm
    You could try to alter the resolution on installation by using the anaconda resolution option, for example: resolution='1024x768'
    To do this you need to access the boot line and add this option before the installation boots up. You need to choose a resolution that is suitable for you monitor.

Another possible approach is to use the keyboard to move about the screen by using the alt+mouse combination. You hold down the alt key and with the mouse pointer pressed, move the mouse so that the part of the screen that is off the monitor, comes into view.

Thank you very much. I'm trying it, i'll let you know.