FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

libdvdcss* - Livna repo gpg key error

Hey guys, as the title already implies I've got a problem with the livna repo.
    I installed the repo some time ago and it worked perfectly (installed libdvdcss and libdvdcss-devel). Since yesterday, dnf says there's an update for these packages (I've got version 1.4.0-1.fc24 installed (that's the right one up until now even for Fedora 27 which I'm using, despite the package saying fc24)) to version 1.4.1-1.fc27 (seems they've rebuilt it). Dnf downloaded the packages, and while installing it asks me to import a gpg key, which I accept. Now even though it says that it imported the key succesfully, dnf prints out that that importing didn't help because there isn't a public key for the livna repo installed, even though I checked and confirmed the existence of the key in /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna (if I didn't have the key all this time I would've had problems a lot sooner =)).
    Does anybody know what's happening here? Thanks in advance!!

bob is online now Administrator (yeah, back again)
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).

Re: Livna repo gpg key error

Livna should be part of RPMFusion, however if you want to give it a try, open a terminal and (from "man dnf) try using the "--nogpgcheck" option.

Edit: Yep, should have checked on that RPMFusion/Livna exclusion - mea culpa. OTOH, the quickest way to get accurate information is for me to post my usual BS and have the intelligent members rush in and attempt to fix things.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Well, RPMFusion providing the livna packages is news to me, because RPMFusion's site says - concerning libdvdcss - "In some European countries it is illegal to distribute it in binary form. Therefore RPM Fusion has chosen not to carry libdvdcss in its repositories. Livna will provide libdvdcss for the foreseeable future.". About the the flag: I didn't try leaving out the gpg verification, because I think that's a good security feature, but that would definitely work as a workaround (one could also disable gpg check in the repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo). My question was more about knowing if anybody else has encountered this issue and if perhaps there's something wrong on the repo's side.

Thanks for the reply, bob!!!

As far as I know, (but of course, I could be wrong) you still need livna for libdvdcss. If the repo isn't working, you can probably download the packages directly from pkgs.org. (Untested by me, but that's how I've sometimes gotten it in the past.)

Quote Originally Posted by smr54
    As far as I know, (but of course, I could be wrong) you still need livna for libdvdcss. If the repo isn't working, you can probably download the packages directly from pkgs.org. (Untested by me, but that's how I've sometimes gotten it in the past.)
    Yeah, you still DO need livna for the package, that's why I quoted RPMFusion. Thanks for the tip with pkgs.org. I didn't know that website

Incorrect key for libdvdcss imported?

My update to libdvdcss fails with this message:

Code:
    Key imported successfully
    Import of key(s) didn't help, wrong key(s)?
    Public key for libdvdcss-1.4.1-1.fc27.remi.x86_64.rpm is not installed. Failing package is: libdvdcss-1.4.1-1.fc27.remi.x86_64
     GPG Keys are configured as: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
    The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
    The message then advises I do # dnf clean packages, and I did. But it didn't help.

Any advice?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon1988
    Yeah, you still DO need livna for the package, that's why I quoted RPMFusion. Thanks for the tip with pkgs.org. I didn't know that website
    i just grab and install remi's build of libdvdcss from rpmfind.net. there's no need to set up a repository to use it and if it works properly then unless there is a vulnerability that needs patching, updating isn't necessary.

threads merged to avoid confusion and duplicate answers across two forum sections

Re: Incorrect key for libdvdcss imported?

Quote Originally Posted by jbuckley2004
    My update to libdvdcss fails with this message:

Code:
    Key imported successfully
    Import of key(s) didn't help, wrong key(s)?
    Public key for libdvdcss-1.4.1-1.fc27.remi.x86_64.rpm is not installed. Failing package is: libdvdcss-1.4.1-1.fc27.remi.x86_64
     GPG Keys are configured as: file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
    The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
    The message then advises I do # dnf clean packages, and I did. But it didn't help.

Any advice?
    Thanks
    see post #2 by bob

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    see post #2 by bob
    bob's workaround (disabling gpgcheck) is a valid workaround, but I wonder if there's something else we can do without compromising security. I was thinking about contacting the repo's maintainer. but how can I do that? There's no contact info on livna's website (there's a link for bug discussion there, but that link is dead), so should I contact RPMFusion?

Thanks in advance!

try contacting remi. He has an account here on the forum but you'll have more joy contacting via one of the following methods for support with packages from his repository.

Where to ask ? How to contact Remi ?

Blog comments are not designed to launch discussion. Forums are open for all question, support, discussion.

You can come to discuss on IRC #remirepo channel (freenode). You can even use the webchat access.

Thanks, antikythera (and Bob). --nogpgcheck worked for me too.

And a simple query, if you know off the top of your head... was this because I installed libdvdcheck using FEDY? I don't recall pointing to either the livna or remi repos explicitly.

Edit: Oops. Sorry. For future reference I meant libdvdcss, not libdvdcheck.
    Last edited by jbuckley2004; 12th February 2018 at 05:01 PM.

Re: libdvdcss* - Livna repo gpg key error

maybe, I have no experience with fedy. after further digging I have an email address for the packager of the latest remi build. I didn't know remi was collaborating with others over packages with his name attributed but apparently so.

Xavier Bachelot was the packager in this instance, not remi.

So I have emailed Xavier Bachelot, and apparently it's a (coordination?) issue on their end. Here's his reply:
    "Hi,
    This is not an rpm packaging issue, but an rpm signing issue. Livna is mostly dead, the only package left there is libdvdcss. As I had updated libdvdcss to latest release in order to submit it for review to RPM Fusion, I contacted Remi who is also providing it in its repo and he then rebuilt it with my changes, that's why my name and email are in the changelog. I also talked to someone with access to Livna, who uploaded the package taken from Remi's repo. That's only then we found out about the signing issue. However, we have yet to receive an answer from someone with access to the Livna signing key to fix it. Alternatively, the same guy who uploaded libdvdcss 1.4.1 to Livna may just pull it off, but that's less satisfaying, so we'll likely wait a few days before doing that...

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm doing my best to get the issue fixed, but no luck so far...
    ".

Seems to me that we're gonna have to and - for the time being - skip the gpg check.

Possible workaround, install the key used to sign my packages

=> https://rpms.remirepo.net/RPM-GPG-KEY-remi2017

Or
    dnf install distribution-gpg-keys
    rpm --import /usr/share/distribution-gpg-keys/remi/RPM-GPG-KEY-remi2017

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast