FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Does installation of local package of Firejail interfere with system upgrade ?

Hi. If I installed Firejail by using it's official rpm package as a local package installation after downloading it from it's official site, then does this can cause problems or interfere by any way with system upgrade from Fedora 26 to 28 in future ?
    Fedora 26 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

Re: Does installation of local package of Firejail interfere with system upgrade ?

No. I installed Firejail in F26 and have since updated to F27 with DNF upgrade. It caused no problems and Firejail still works as before.

Edit: I would NOT recommend configuring Firejail they way they suggest, which searches and sets up firejail for MANY applications, so they always launch sandboxed. I tried that and found problems like my file manager denying me access to some files, or saying some files are read only when they are not. I only use Firejail for Firefox and Thunderbird and launch them with shortcuts I made with commands like 'firejail firefox'. I can still launch them without Firejail from the application menu.
    Last edited by SomeDamFool; 10th February 2018 at 10:53 PM.
    I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here.

Re: Does installation of local package of Firejail interfere with system upgrade ?

@SomeDamFool

Thank you very much for replay !

I agree with you. I like to test it's efficacy in sandboxing WineHQ only (may be for firefox also)

In fact I will wait till Fedora 28 for hope that it may be added to Fedora repositories (weak hope). If they will not add it, then I will installed it manually using their official .rpm package.
    Fedora 26 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)