FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Dahlia Postal Service and Browser

"That is with the TCP AMID technology"

No, that time was measured with ping and traceroute.

With a protocol that uses request-reply for every packet, like yours, the time to transfer will be dominated by the round trip time over the network. It is simply impossible to get a high transfer rate with that protocol.

PS. I believe the term is AIMD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additi...ative_decrease

Quote Originally Posted by ocratato
    "That is with the TCP AMID technology"

No, that time was measured with ping and traceroute.

With a protocol that uses request-reply for every packet, like yours, the time to transfer will be dominated by the round trip time over the network. It is simply impossible to get a high transfer rate with that protocol.

PS. I believe the term is AIMD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additi...ative_decrease
    According to this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...ssage_Protocol
    ping and traceroute is non-comparable to file transfer statistics. Based on my experience routers/hops/isp prioritize ping and traceroutes requests on the low side of the priority due to flooding attack possibilities. It's better to do a TCP vs. UDP comparison to make your point, instead of a Ping Vs UDP comparison. If you read the RFC(request for comments) papers on UDP and TCP they are at the hardware level the same with the exception of TCP having its fingers in the higher layers of the OSI model, so actually your reversed in your thinking. The protocol with the most data required to achieve the same effect or result would be less likely to achieve high transfer rates, which is TCP.

I will download wireshark on my development system and show you a comparison of TCP vs UDP with HTML vs DML to better demonstrate the differences.

This is getting a bit tedious.
    Its not the time taken for a single round trip that is particularly important.
    Its the fact that your protocol requires a round trip time FOR EVERY PACKET.

Even if it was 10 times faster, it would still be taking nearly five minutes to download something the size of this web page.

Quote Originally Posted by ocratato
    This is getting a bit tedious.
    Its not the time taken for a single round trip that is particularly important.
    Its the fact that your protocol requires a round trip time FOR EVERY PACKET.

Even if it was 10 times faster, it would still be taking nearly five minutes to download something the size of this web page.
    Please read the TCP specification paper, TCP needs 4 ACK packets before it sends the next segment of bytes, mine just needs one and its effective because not only is it an ACK packet its the next incoming request, ergo, the requests are also the assumption it received the last segment/response. I'm doing most of the work in the conversation, it shouldn't feel tedious at all. This is the kind of thing my project destroys is the fraud we were all fed. I test everything to ensure I haven't been fraud ed aswell. I almost have the sharkwire data from the VPS service test.

Also remember that there is an implmentation where it dosen't wait for a round trip, it streams it that is the version with message number : message part, right now it only supports one file at a time and waiting segment at a time, this is to ensure the logic is implmented correctly. Onces the Message number : message part number version is implemented its possible to push a megabyte of data per service cycle

Doing a quick test over VPS with the message number : message part number it seems to be just as fast as TCP, this was with the unit tests, there are no "round trips" with this implmentation as it dosen't wait for anything it only resends when it reiceves a "resend" request, and streams the file parts as the service cycles through.

I've been writing a draft document that is more like a "brochure" than anything. Also i've been working on putting together a news "app" for the network. One of the articles will be the following link below which is an indicator of how Dahlia will handle its business, in a slow, linear fashion.

https://m.signalvnoise.com/the-world...e-609b5a10a9e0

So I have a releasable product, however, my UDP implementation isn't anything like the unit tests and it will take some time, so instead of working for another year to figure out the best structure that is malleable i'm switching to TCP to gain some customer traction for the other features like "Writing apps with HTML style tags", "Download apps with out downloading the executable" and things like that.

I'm focusing on those features while i figure out the best UDP structure in the background. I know its possible as bell labs have developed things like RUDP which has the same features as TCP and works well with file transfer but is faster, lower latency and less over head then TCP. Other things like video/audio streaming and VPNs prefer UDP fast streaming as does my unit tests conclude it can work faster and more flexible in congested networks. The problem is splitting the unit test into workable classes in a multi-connection environment on a server.

Even though I can run multiple services as unit tests simulating the networking speeds of a multi-connection environment, turning this into one service app is hard, time-consuming but not complex. To improve my spirits and to actually release a good version from the get go TCP will be preferred until Dahlia-UDP is incorporated as an selectable connection option. Sources are always available on source forge, I will have purchasable binary files for Windows 10 and Fedora 27 for the customer side of things ($2). All proceeds go to server costs and the company. I won't expect to receive any money as a salary or profit until at least one to five years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3