blurry font in second chrome window
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

blurry font in second chrome window

if I open a second Chrome window, all fonts and icons are blurry/jerky; this is also the case for the e-mail client Mailspring. what could be the case? here's a screenshot - the top window is the first Chrome window, the bottom one is the second one. If you view the screenshots fullscreen you can clearly see how the bottom window is unsharp...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTpcz4C.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	29323

PS in other programs and in the first opened Chrome window the fonts are normal and crisp; I'm running F27 and use 'Slight' hinting and subpixel Antialiasing in Gnome Tweak.

thanks
    Fedora 27, proc: i7 2600K, mem: 16GB, card: Nvidia GTX970 4GB, ssd: 256GB Samsung EVO 850, audio: TASCAM US-100, keyb: Logitech K800, webcam: Logitech C910, graph.tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro small

Re: blurry font in second chrome window

i don't use chrome, but it looks to me it's trying to resize everything. The first window appears maximized, Ergo not requiring resizing , according to what I surmise being their failed UI logic.
    "monsters John ... monsters from the ID..."
    "ma vule teva maar gul nol naya"

hm. you mean like the window is maximized? both window are 'windowed', not maximized. I've just cut off the screenshot so nobody sees my open tabs. but maybe you mean something else...?
    Fedora 27, proc: i7 2600K, mem: 16GB, card: Nvidia GTX970 4GB, ssd: 256GB Samsung EVO 850, audio: TASCAM US-100, keyb: Logitech K800, webcam: Logitech C910, graph.tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro small

Quote Originally Posted by coreboc
    hm. you mean like the window is maximized? both window are 'windowed', not maximized. I've just cut off the screenshot so nobody sees my open tabs. but maybe you mean something else...?
    No, I meant what you thought I meant. And all I can say, this is very odd stuff lol. Passing the ball to another chrome fan.

might be worth to add that every so often(but not every day) my gnome session crashes and the whole desktop starts 'pulsing' with blurry fonts. with pulsing I mean that it jumps between blurry/sharp in about half second intervals. I've been reading about it in the past, just can't find the links now. this happens also almost every time I restart the desktop with the alt+F2 'r' command. pretty odd indeed, been having this problem with older versions of fedora too. If anybody has a hint, I would be very grateful. thanks

might be worth to add that every so often(but not every day) my gnome session crashes and the whole desktop starts 'pulsing' with blurry fonts. with pulsing I mean that it jumps between blurry/sharp in about half second intervals. I've been reading about it in the past, just can't find the links now. this happens also almost every time I restart the desktop with the alt+F2 'r' command. pretty odd indeed, been having this problem with older versions of fedora too. If anybody has a hint, I would be very grateful. thanks
    Xfce spin hehe, or Gnome without Wayland (does that still exist ?)

I'm not on Wayland, my Nvidia card doesn't allow that. My login screen only shows 'Gnome' and 'Gnome classic' - if I select gnome, I get X.

Another thing I'd like to add - if I start up my PC, fire up Chrome, open another Chrome window or the Hangouts extension, then everything is fine and all fonts also of the second window are crisp. But then I close the second Chrome window and half an hour later I open a second Chrome window again, then the problem is back and the fonts are blurry again in the second Chrome window...

so I've closed all chrome windows and when I look into the System monitor i still see these processes:

https://i.imgur.com/Te01ZZu.png

it says --type=renderer ....could that be related? thanks

so I've closed all chrome windows and when I look into the System monitor i still see these processes:

https://i.imgur.com/Te01ZZu.png

it says --type=renderer ....could that be related? thanks
    yeah, looks like an ugly kludge, most probably preparing us all to work on dumb terminals where all your data "are belong to them" type environment.
    you have an idea and dream about it ? next morning it's been patented in 876189279182791 ways by intelwebgoopharmakom.

nobody else experiencing these blurry fonts in Fedora?