FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6

    F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    I have a fresh installation of F27 Cinnamon on an Intel Nuc 7th gen.
    Whenever I boot and come to the login window I enter the password and the first login fails. Then it takes about 10 seconds and I am returned to the initial login screen without any message. Now I enter the password again and I am logged in completely. I already tested keyboards and stuff. From
    Code:
    journalctl
    I get the impression lightdm is being killed for some reason:
    Code:
    Jan 10 15:09:17 nuc7.fritz.box systemd[1]: session-c4.scope: Killing process 1932 (lightdm) with signal SIGTERM.
    Jan 10 15:09:17 nuc7.fritz.box systemd[1]: session-c4.scope: Killing process 1942 (slick-greeter) with signal SIGTERM.
    This looks quite similar to this one https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Commo..._configuration
    Has anyone seen this or an idea how to solve?
    I have another NUC 7th gen updated from F26 (and F25), which does not have this issue.
    TIA.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    santa barbara, CA
    Posts
    599

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    I have only seen this with PolKit on Xfce, when some authentication stuff is trying to run, and you never answer it, so it times out.
    I have since switched to LXDE, much cleaner.
    "monsters John ... monsters from the ID..."
    "ma vule teva maar gul nol naya"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Thanks Bob.
    With today's update things changed slightly: while before you only saw the login screen showing the dots you entered for the password and then returning to a "fresh" login screen again, today after hitting enter a black screen appears for some seconds, but then also returning to the login window. Second login still succeeds.
    Also I found when entering a wrong password at the first login, I am notified this is wrong. So actually authentication seems to happen.
    I will dig deeper soon...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Havant
    Posts
    145

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Error logging from /var/log/lightdm would be useful
    https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
    https://github.com/leigh123linux
    https://admin.rpmfusion.org/pkgdb/packager/leigh123linux/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Having the same issue
    Could anyone help us?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123linux
    Error logging from /var/log/lightdm would be useful
    Indeed...
    This is what happens when I proceed the first login:

    [+505.69s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user steffen: Success
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: User steffen authorized
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session cinnamon
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter; display server will be re-used for user session
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Terminating login1 session c1
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Session pid=1101: Sending SIGTERM
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Session pid=1101: Exited with return value 0
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Greeter stopped, running session
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Running command /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession cinnamon-session-cinnamon
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen
    [+505.73s] WARNING: Could not chown user data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: Error creating directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: File exists
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Logging to .xsession-errors
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Activating login1 session 5
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to 5
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Session 5 is already active
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Exited with return value 1
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 997
    [+505.97s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Process 997 exited with return value 0
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: XServer 0: X server stopped
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 1
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Removing X server authority /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Active display server stopped, starting greeter
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: Using VT 1
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 1
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Writing X server authority to /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Launching X Server
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: Launching process 2058: /usr/bin/X -core -noreset :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt1 -novtswitch -background none
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
    [+506.91s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 2058
    [+506.91s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Got signal from X server :0
    [+506.91s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Connecting to XServer :0
    [+506.96s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, starting session authentication
    [+506.96s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter', username 'lightdm'
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session authenticated, running command
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Running command /usr/sbin/slick-greeter
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/lightdm
    [+507.00s] WARNING: Could not chown user data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/lightdm: Error creating directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/lightdm: File exists
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Activating login1 session c4
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to c4
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Session c4 is already active
    [+507.20s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.25.0 api=1 resettable=false
    [+507.28s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication for steffen
    [+507.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Started with service 'lightdm', username 'steffen'
    [+507.30s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
    [+507.30s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)


    Then I am returned to the inital screen and enter my passwd again and I get a desktop:

    [+558.48s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user steffen: Success
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: User steffen authorized
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session cinnamon
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter; display server will be re-used for user session
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Terminating login1 session c4
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Sending SIGTERM
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Exited with return value 0
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Greeter stopped, running session
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session1
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Running command /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession cinnamon-session-cinnamon
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen
    [+558.51s] WARNING: Could not chown user data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: Error creating directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: File exists
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Logging to .xsession-errors
    [+558.55s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
    [+558.55s] DEBUG: Activating login1 session 6
    [+558.56s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
    [+558.56s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to 6
    [+558.56s] DEBUG: Session 6 is already active
    [+562.63s] DEBUG: User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User993 added


    Actually I do not get the issue from here. Also x-0.log[.old] and seat0-greeter.log[.old] do not show something helpful...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Villeneuve-sur-Lot,France
    Posts
    4

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Look at your /etc/hostname, if you have: "localhost.localdomain" (or something like this) double login is normal...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Havant
    Posts
    145

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Quote Originally Posted by peter48
    Look at your /etc/hostname, if you have: "localhost.localdomain" (or something like this) double login is normal...
    That doesn't break anything here, login is working fine.

    Code:
    $ hostname
    localhost.localdomain
    $
    https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
    https://github.com/leigh123linux
    https://admin.rpmfusion.org/pkgdb/packager/leigh123linux/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Havant
    Posts
    145

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloFiasko
    Indeed...
    This is what happens when I proceed the first login:

    [+505.69s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user steffen: Success
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: User steffen authorized
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session cinnamon
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter; display server will be re-used for user session
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Terminating login1 session c1
    [+505.72s] DEBUG: Session pid=1101: Sending SIGTERM
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Session pid=1101: Exited with return value 0
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Greeter stopped, running session
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Running command /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession cinnamon-session-cinnamon
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen
    [+505.73s] WARNING: Could not chown user data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: Error creating directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: File exists
    [+505.73s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Logging to .xsession-errors
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Activating login1 session 5
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to 5
    [+505.78s] DEBUG: Session 5 is already active
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Session pid=1272: Exited with return value 1
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping display server, no sessions require it
    [+505.96s] DEBUG: Sending signal 15 to process 997
    [+505.97s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Process 997 exited with return value 0
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: XServer 0: X server stopped
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Releasing VT 1
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Removing X server authority /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server stopped
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Active display server stopped, starting greeter
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
    [+506.19s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating display server of type x
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: Using VT 1
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting local X display on VT 1
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/x-0.log
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Writing X server authority to /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Launching X Server
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: Launching process 2058: /usr/bin/X -core -noreset :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt1 -novtswitch -background none
    [+506.20s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0
    [+506.91s] DEBUG: Got signal 10 from process 2058
    [+506.91s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Got signal from X server :0
    [+506.91s] DEBUG: XServer 0: Connecting to XServer :0
    [+506.96s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Display server ready, starting session authentication
    [+506.96s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Started with service 'lightdm-greeter', username 'lightdm'
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session authenticated, running command
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Running command /usr/sbin/slick-greeter
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/lightdm
    [+507.00s] WARNING: Could not chown user data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/lightdm: Error creating directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/lightdm: File exists
    [+507.00s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Activating login1 session c4
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to c4
    [+507.03s] DEBUG: Session c4 is already active
    [+507.20s] DEBUG: Greeter connected version=1.25.0 api=1 resettable=false
    [+507.28s] DEBUG: Greeter start authentication for steffen
    [+507.28s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Started with service 'lightdm', username 'steffen'
    [+507.30s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Got 1 message(s) from PAM
    [+507.30s] DEBUG: Prompt greeter with 1 message(s)


    Then I am returned to the inital screen and enter my passwd again and I get a desktop:

    [+558.48s] DEBUG: Continue authentication
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Authentication complete with return value 0: Success
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Authenticate result for user steffen: Success
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: User steffen authorized
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Greeter requests session cinnamon
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Stopping greeter; display server will be re-used for user session
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Terminating login1 session c4
    [+558.50s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Sending SIGTERM
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Greeter closed communication channel
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Session pid=2063: Exited with return value 0
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Session stopped
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Greeter stopped, running session
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Registering session with bus path /org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session1
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Running command /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession cinnamon-session-cinnamon
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Creating shared data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen
    [+558.51s] WARNING: Could not chown user data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: Error creating directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/steffen: File exists
    [+558.51s] DEBUG: Session pid=2077: Logging to .xsession-errors
    [+558.55s] DEBUG: Activating VT 1
    [+558.55s] DEBUG: Activating login1 session 6
    [+558.56s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to
    [+558.56s] DEBUG: Seat seat0 changes active session to 6
    [+558.56s] DEBUG: Session 6 is already active
    [+562.63s] DEBUG: User /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User993 added


    Actually I do not get the issue from here. Also x-0.log[.old] and seat0-greeter.log[.old] do not show something helpful...
    Nothing there stands out, can you run this and attach dump.txt

    Code:
    journalctl -b0 >> dump.txt
    https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
    https://github.com/leigh123linux
    https://admin.rpmfusion.org/pkgdb/packager/leigh123linux/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123linux
    Nothing there stands out, can you run this and attach dump.txt
    Well, same for complete journal... I already investigated that before posting here...
    Please see dump attached - only thing you can find is at the first try lightdm receives SIGTERM. Nothing more.
    dump.txt

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Havant
    Posts
    145

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    The SIGTERM is normal, it's lightdm + greeter terminating so session can start

    Code:
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[970]: USER_AUTH pid=970 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='op=PAM:authentication grantors=pam_unix,pam_gnome_keyring acct="leigh" exe="/usr/sbin/lightdm" hostname=? addr=? terminal=:0 res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[970]: USER_ACCT pid=970 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='op=PAM:accounting grantors=pam_unix,pam_localuser acct="leigh" exe="/usr/sbin/lightdm" hostname=? addr=? terminal=:0 res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 849 (lightdm) with signal SIGTERM.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: session-c1.scope: Killing process 863 (slick-greeter) with signal SIGTERM.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Stopping Session c1 of user lightdm.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost lightdm[849]: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session closed for user lightdm
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[849]: USER_END pid=849 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='op=PAM:session_close grantors=pam_unix,pam_systemd acct="lightdm" exe="/usr/sbin/lightdm" hostname=? addr=? terminal=:0 res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[849]: CRED_DISP pid=849 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='op=PAM:setcred grantors=pam_env,pam_permit acct="lightdm" exe="/usr/sbin/lightdm" hostname=? addr=? terminal=:0 res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Session c1 of user lightdm.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost lightdm[714]: Could not chown user data directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/leigh: Error creating directory /var/lib/lightdm-data/leigh: File exists
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd-logind[593]: Removed session c1.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[970]: CRED_ACQ pid=970 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='op=PAM:setcred grantors=pam_unix,pam_gnome_keyring acct="leigh" exe="/usr/sbin/lightdm" hostname=? addr=? terminal=:0 res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Stopping User Manager for UID 993...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopping Virtual filesystem service...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopping Accessibility services bus...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped target Default.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopping D-Bus User Message Bus...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped D-Bus User Message Bus.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped Accessibility services bus.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped Virtual filesystem service.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped target Basic System.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped target Timers.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped target Paths.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Stopped target Sockets.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Closed D-Bus User Message Bus Socket.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Reached target Shutdown.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Starting Exit the Session...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[857]: Received SIGRTMIN+24 from PID 1052 (kill).
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped User Manager for UID 993.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[1]: SERVICE_STOP pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='unit=user@993 comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd-logind[593]: New session 2 of user leigh.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Removed slice User Slice of lightdm.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Created slice User Slice of leigh.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Starting User Manager for UID 1000...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Started Session 2 of user leigh.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[1053]: USER_ACCT pid=1053 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='op=PAM:accounting grantors=pam_unix,pam_localuser acct="leigh" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: pam_unix(systemd-user:session): session opened for user leigh by (uid=0)
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[1053]: USER_START pid=1053 uid=0 auid=1000 ses=3 msg='op=PAM:session_open grantors=pam_selinux,pam_selinux,pam_loginuid,pam_keyinit,pam_limits,pam_systemd,pam_unix acct="leigh" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Reached target Timers.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[1]: SERVICE_START pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='unit=user@1000 comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[970]: USER_START pid=970 uid=0 auid=1000 ses=2 msg='op=PAM:session_open grantors=pam_selinux,pam_loginuid,pam_selinux,pam_keyinit,pam_namespace,pam_gnome_keyring,pam_keyinit,pam_limits,pam_systemd,pam_unix,pam_lastlog,pam_lastlog acct="leigh" exe="/usr/sbin/lightdm" hostname=? addr=? terminal=:0 res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[970]: USER_LOGIN pid=970 uid=0 auid=1000 ses=2 msg='op=login id=1000 exe="/usr/sbin/lightdm" hostname=localhost addr=? terminal=/dev/tty1 res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Reached target Paths.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost lightdm[970]: pam_unix(lightdm:session): session opened for user leigh by (uid=0)
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Starting D-Bus User Message Bus Socket.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost dbus-daemon[600]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' unit='geoclue.service' requested by ':1.29' (uid=1000 pid=1059 comm="/usr/bin/redshift ")
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost redshift[1059]: Trying location provider `geoclue2'...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost redshift[1059]: Using provider `geoclue2'.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Listening on D-Bus User Message Bus Socket.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Reached target Sockets.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Reached target Basic System.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 1000.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Started Redshift display colour temperature adjustment.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Reached target Default.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1053]: Startup finished in 35ms.
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Starting Location Lookup Service...
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost dbus-daemon[600]: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost audit[1]: SERVICE_START pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='unit=geoclue comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
    Jan 10 17:40:41 localhost systemd[1]: Started Location Lookup Service.
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost systemd[1053]: Started D-Bus User Message Bus.
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost dbus-daemon[1078]: [session uid=1000 pid=1078] Activating service name='com.redhat.imsettings' requested by ':1.3' (uid=1000 pid=1137 comm="/usr/libexec/imsettings-check --check-modules ")
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost dbus-daemon[1078]: [session uid=1000 pid=1078] Activating via systemd: service name='org.gtk.vfs.Daemon' unit='gvfs-daemon.service' requested by ':1.4' (uid=1000 pid=1141 comm="/usr/libexec/imsettings-daemon ")
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost systemd[1053]: Starting Virtual filesystem service...
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost dbus-daemon[1078]: [session uid=1000 pid=1078] Successfully activated service 'org.gtk.vfs.Daemon'
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost systemd[1053]: Started Virtual filesystem service.
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost dbus-daemon[1078]: [session uid=1000 pid=1078] Successfully activated service 'com.redhat.imsettings'
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost com.redhat.imsettings[1078]: [ 1515606042.154063]: IMSettings-Daemon[1141]: INFO: Starting imsettings-daemon...
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost com.redhat.imsettings[1078]: [ 1515606042.154240]: IMSettings-Daemon[1141]: INFO:   [HOME=/home/leigh/.config/imsettings]
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost com.redhat.imsettings[1078]: [ 1515606042.154300]: IMSettings-Daemon[1141]: INFO:   [XINPUTRCDIR=/etc/X11/xinit/]
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost com.redhat.imsettings[1078]: [ 1515606042.154353]: IMSettings-Daemon[1141]: INFO:   [XINPUTDIR=/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/]
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost com.redhat.imsettings[1078]: [ 1515606042.154395]: IMSettings-Daemon[1141]: INFO:   [MODULEDIR=/usr/lib64/imsettings]
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost com.redhat.imsettings[1078]: [ 1515606042.154436]: IMSettings-Daemon[1141]: INFO:   [MODULES=cinnamon-gsettings]
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost chronyd[688]: Selected source 109.74.206.120
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost chronyd[688]: System clock TAI offset set to 37 seconds
    Jan 10 17:40:42 localhost dbus-daemon[1078]: [session uid=1000 pid=1078] Activating via systemd: service name='org.a11y.Bus' unit='at-spi-dbus-bus.service' requested by ':1.21' (uid=1000 pid=1060 comm="cinnamon-session --session cinnamon ")

    I note quite a few 'label="unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0' messages, can you try with selinux disabled?
    https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
    https://github.com/leigh123linux
    https://admin.rpmfusion.org/pkgdb/packager/leigh123linux/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123linux
    I note quite a few 'label="unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0' messages, can you try with selinux disabled?
    Good idea. Did that. Changed /etc/selinux/config to disabled and reboot. However still same behaviour

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Havant
    Posts
    145

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloFiasko
    Good idea. Did that. Changed /etc/selinux/config to disabled and reboot. However still same behaviour
    Is there anything in ~/.xsession-errors and ~/.xsession-errors.old ?
    https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
    https://github.com/leigh123linux
    https://admin.rpmfusion.org/pkgdb/packager/leigh123linux/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: F27 Cinnamon / lightdm login issue

    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123linux
    Is there anything in ~/.xsession-errors and ~/.xsession-errors.old ?
    Good. After succesful login I find in .xsessions-errors.old
    Code:
    No protocol specified
    xrdb: Resource temporarily unavailable
    xrdb: Can't open display ':0'
    No protocol specified
    xmodmap:  unable to open display ':0'
    No protocol specified
    Unable to init server: Verbindung ist gescheitert: Connection refused
    
    ** (cinnamon-session:1766): WARNING **: Anzeige kann nicht ge÷ffnet werden:
    and in .xsession-errors
    Code:
    (csd-color:2436): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to create device: could not check org.freedesktop.color-manager.create-device for auth: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.NotAuthorized: Only trusted callers (e.g. uid 0 or an action owner) can use CheckAuthorization() for subjects belonging to other identities
    vmware-user: could not open /proc/fs/vmblock/dev
    Failed to play sound: Sound disabled
    ** Message: nemo-desktop: session is cinnamon, establishing proxy
    Cjs-Message: JS LOG: About to start Cinnamon
    St-Message: cogl npot texture sizes SUPPORTED
    Cjs-Message: JS LOG: Cinnamon started at Mon Jan 15 2018 09:46:36 GMT+0100 (CET)
    
    (cinnamon:2584): St-WARNING **: Ignoring length property that isn't a number at line 954, col 11
    openGL version 4.5 detected (GL3 Cogl Driver)
    MetaSyncRing disabled: couldn't find required GL extensions, or the minimum safe openGL version was not met
    Cjs-Message: JS LOG: Unknown network device type, is 14
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0x4c00001 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0x4c00001 already in stack
    
    (nemo-desktop:2691): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to NemoWindowPane 0x565284f8c420 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?
    ** Message: nemo-desktop: session is cinnamon, establishing proxy
    
    (nemo-desktop:2861): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to NemoWindowPane 0x5631a560e400 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00005 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00005 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00037 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00037 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0003c already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0003c already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00116 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00116 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0013c already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0013c already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0014a already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0014a already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00176 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00176 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00184 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00184 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00195 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00195 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00226 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00226 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0022b already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0022b already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0035b already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa0035b already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00360 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa00360 already in stack
    
    (csd-media-keys:2428): media-keys-plugin-WARNING **: Unable to get default source
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa003e3 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa003e3 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa003e8 already in stack
    Cinnamon warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_ADD: window 0xa003e8 already in stack

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] GUI login problem - GNOME lightdm
    By deuemre in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th August 2017, 10:54 AM
  2. fedora 25 cinnamon lightdm issue
    By simonsaysthis in forum F25 Development Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th November 2016, 11:53 AM
  3. How can I change the login screen resolution: lightdm
    By mobsta in forum Fedora Spins & Remixes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd March 2014, 07:07 AM
  4. F18 lightdm login banner user list suppress
    By bbmfedora in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 22nd February 2014, 11:05 PM
  5. LightDM language issue
    By arielnmz in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th January 2013, 08:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •