Friends,

I use Samsung On5 Pro mobile with Android 7.1.1 OS.

I took a few photos using the in-built camera and later saved them to my PC in May 2017. I deleted all these photos from my mobile immediately after saving them to the PC. Today, I copied the same photos back to my mobile using a data cable and sent them to a friend via WhatsApp. But, when I checked the sent images folder within WhatsApp on my mobile, I noticed that the original names of the photos had been changed. The names or titles of these photos when originally taken in May 2017 were a combination of date and time, something I am quite comfortable with, you can call them time stamp if you like, but I accept them as the name or title of the photo as it often gives me a clear about the date and time of the photo when it was taken. So how do I make sure that when I send photo/image via WhatsApp, its original name or title (a time stamp in my case) remains unchanged?

I copied the photos from my PC to a variety of folders on my phone namely Camera, DCIM and Download and sent them via WhatsApp to see whether sending them from a different folder might result in their names/titles being unchanged by WhatsApp's sent images folder, but to no avail.

I have uploaded 2 screen shots at the below URL. This is after connecting my phone to the PC running Fedora 25 Workstation 32 bit.

https://imgur.com/a/50FwX

As you can see, first screen shot (Original photos) shows 5 photos (originally taken in May 2017), which I saved to my phone from my PC today. The second screen shot (WhatsApp Sent Images Folder) shows 15 photos in 3 sets of 5 photos each after saving them to 3 different folders on my phone namely Camera, DCIM and Download as indicated by different color lines.

Thanks a lot.