broken tracking on amazon annoys me lately
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

broken tracking on amazon annoys me lately

I've been noticing that amazon tracking doesn't even flag when shipping starts any more on standard shipping. I get that el cheapo 'standard' shipping won't have the fancy detailed tracking that the more expensive shipping does. But just lately they don't even flag when the package leaves the seller. For example I ordered a Shield TV on Sunday nearly a week ago, they predict delivery on Monday Jan 8 but the tracking on amazon doesn't even show the shipping as started. So either it's going to be late, or it's going to leave the seller now and get here in about two days. There's been no "I'm sorry your order is going to be late" notice so I have to assume the tracking just sucks now.

Is this just me or what? Maybe that new hybrid ship mode they started where it hands off to the USPS is the cause?

Re: broken tracking on amazon annoys me lately

usually the marketplace vendors are to blame for inadequate shipment information. i've had stuff just turn up and then been notified it's been shipped after the event before now. fortunately on the few occasions it has happened someone has been in to take the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    usually the marketplace vendors are to blame for inadequate shipment information. i've had stuff just turn up and then been notified it's been shipped after the event before now. fortunately on the few occasions it has happened someone has been in to take the delivery.
    I only got the shipping notice this morning. The delivery estimate changed Monday to Wednesday.

Amazon flex & gig economy... whatever happened to good old customer service.

What I have noticed with Amazon of late is that non-prime users are given less priority. When I have ordered something (no prime), it would take four days to even to charge my card and then 4-5 days for the item to arrive - around the 9th day (of 7 - 10 days range). It used to different few years ago ...

Hi Mith, Happy New Year.
    I think that Amazon fulfills your orders in sudo Pick-List efficiency order. They collect xxx orders and then tell the software to create the optimal picklist. After the picking is done, there is shipment consolidation. All packages for the same destination are collected in one area. Several times per day, (based on volumes), the post-office is internal to Amazon, as is FedEx. Its an efficient process. And yes, Amazon also does third party sales, in which case it is the third party that has to do the picking, packaging, billing, and shipping. And yes, high priority goes first, and low priority goes overnight. The sooner you get your product the sooner Amazon gets their money. The incentive is "cash flow and sales commission"
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

I have gotten terrible tracking results with the USPS, especially the smartpost thing where UPS hands it off the USPS. I've had the Postal Service site show that they haven't received it even after they have put it in my box.

Best tracking results... UPS... By far the best tracking info.

Edit:

On an unrelated issue, I have had the Postal Service deliver a package that accidentally got tossed in the USPS bin instead of the Fedex bin. Had the Fedex label on it, and not the hand off crap to the Postal Service, either. I saw the mail carrier put it in the box.
    Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?