FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Neverware CloudReady

Wow! I just downloaded the Home version of Neverware CloudReady (Basically the open source version of Chrome OS) wrote it to a USB stick and restarted my computer! It's fast on this Lenovo Thinkpad i5 with 8Gb RAM! This is all the boss needs, running Linux (or Wincrap) is way too much for her simple needs! Once you login to your Google account, everything you were using in your Chrome browser on your PC shows up, even add-ons!

https://www.neverware.com/#introtext-3
    I used to miss my wife but then my aim improved.

Re: Neverware CloudReady

it's tempting to try but if that's all she really needs, what would be the benefit of using an actual PC versus an android tablet if you already have one kicking about and bluetooth keyboard in a case with a built in stand (or foldable) for example?

Re: Neverware CloudReady

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    it's tempting to try but if that's all she really needs, what would be the benefit of using an actual PC versus an android tablet if you already have one kicking about and bluetooth keyboard in a case with a built in stand (or foldable) for example?
    It's a bit late now because she already has a Lenovo laptop running Linux Mint Cinnamon. I've been thinking about getting a Chromebook for myself but they're thin on the ground here and cost more than they should. The alternative would be a cheap laptop with 32Gb drive, remove the pre-installed bloatware and replace it with CloudReady!

I do have an old 10.1" Asus Transformer TF101 running KatKiss 4.4.4. Chrome and Firefox do not run on this hardware though. It's a bit ancient! There are newer ROMs available for this tablet (5.1 and 6.0.1) but they are slow. 4.4 is the sweet spot!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2592890
    I used to miss my wife but then my aim improved.