Apache Open Office On Fedora 26 or 27
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apache Open Office On Fedora 26 or 27

Subject: Apache Open Office On Fedora 26 or 27

I am interested in knowing if anyone has successfully installed a 4.1.2 or later version of Apache Open Office (AOO) in the currently supported versions of Fedora.

I am not interested in the use of Libre Office, the distribution provided office product.

Why am I asking this question?

I and more specificully other users that I support prefer the look and feel of AOO since they have been using it since before there was the divergence eight years ago.
    I have AOO-4.1.3 working on my intel based laptop X200 running F27, and the Mate desktop.
    AOO-4.(any version) is not running on a desktop PC AMD-A10-7800,AMD R7 graphics running F27 and the Mate desktop. So I'm trying to get AOO to work on the PC desktop.
    The research I've done seems to indicate that my laptop is the only known running install of AOO-4.1. on a Fedora distro since 25.

AOO as far as I know installs without complaint since it does not check for dependencies or conflicts, it is a set of self contained binaries typically installed to the opt/ directory. It does have dependencies, recent Glibc libraries and gtk libraries, which are present on Fedora since many things depend on those libraries for a working desktop system.

The question is will it run from the menu or from a terminal command.

Again I am interested to know if anyone has Apache Open Office running on Fedora 26 or 27. If you do then it would be nice to know what base hardware and desktop environment you are using.
    jbkt23
    Thinkpads Depends on era T23 - X2xx
    AMD & Intel Boxes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Apache Open Office On Fedora 26 or 27

it shouldn't be an issue but go for 4.1.5, use dnf to install the downloaded rpm packages (rather than rpm) and it will check for dependencies. if available it will download them from the repositories and install them automatically as part of the transaction after your approval of course.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know there was an " Office/Productivity Software" forum or I would have posted here to begin with. When you move the post can you note that in your comment.
    Thanks
    jbkt23
    Thinkpads Depends on era T23 - X2xx
    AMD & Intel Boxes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The redirect serves as a note, it's what it is there for. Please take the time to read through the forum sections, you may find something else useful that you've previously missed out on.