FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Fedora on Acer Spin 1 SP111-32N

No linux disto is booting on this machine axcept Arch (and arch based except Manjaro) and CentOS ... I tryed fedora, ubuntu, debian, opensuse, mint, etc... no metter which settins I use (SecureBoot on and off, addes EFI files in BIOS as trusted etc.)

BUT !!!

I succeed to boot Fedora 27 Live .... I created live USB media using Fedora MediaWriter .... then mounted CentOS 7 minimal install, .... and replaced BOOTIA32.EFI, BOOTX64.EFI, grubia32.efi, grubx64.efi, mmia32.efi, mmx64.efi on Live Fedora (ANACONDA drive) with thoose found on CentOS mounted media (since CentOS is booting correctly) .... and voila, Fedora Booted as it should ....

I installed fedora on external SSD (Plextor EX1 256GB) to verify that all is working, .... but after reboot I cannot boot Fedora .... so I repeated procedure described above .... I replaced files on efi partition with ones found on CentOS minimal install .... and it boot's correctly. Now updating.... and since GRUB is also on update list, I'll see does it boots afther update.

Fedora 27 ... all is working, touchscreen, Wifi, SDCard, touchpad, keyboard, camera
    Settings ... SecureBoot disabled, F12 and NetworkBoot enabled.

I don't know what is wrong with this machine ... and why I cannot boot normally....

Re: Fedora on Acer Spin 1 SP111-32N

Fedora MediaWriter isn't perfect. Try "# dd if=/path/to/live/iso of=/dev/sdX bs=4M" First use "fdisk -l" to see which devices are connected and change sdX to the appropropriate device listed on the fdisk readout (sdb, sdc, etc.). Be careful. If you put the wrong device in "of" (out file) you could destroy your system's OS. Also in BIOS disable "fastboot".