FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    770

    Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    Hi.

    Just few minutes ago I updating my system. I received new Cinnamon & lightdm & slickgreeter updates + other few packages ....

    But after updating my system, my Cinnamon NEVER started correctly at boot !! Every time I launched my PC, my Cinnamon show me message: "Cinnamon crashed. It is currently run in fullback mode. Do you like to restart it".

    I tried to restart it many time but never respond & conistantly crashed !! I tried to enter tty terminal & reboot my system many time but same: every reboot cinnamon suffer from same error !

    Please help me ! How can I revert this transaction ! I dectated the command for this since long time & it it stored on my PC but I can not find "file" (file manager) to navigate for my home to open document file that contain this command !

    Please your kind help urgently !
    Fedora 26 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Havant
    Posts
    100

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
    https://github.com/leigh123linux
    https://admin.rpmfusion.org/pkgdb/packager/leigh123linux/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    me2
    running fedora 25 though
    tried to make a new user and login with cinnamon still crashed

    I need to upgrade to 27 anyway so I'll give that a try.
    x--x--x
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
    Freedom is never Free.
    Pat Jr.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Havant
    Posts
    100

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    Quote Originally Posted by PatMcLJr
    me2
    running fedora 25 though
    tried to make a new user and login with cinnamon still crashed

    I need to upgrade to 27 anyway so I'll give that a try.
    Can you post any logging showing the error?
    https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
    https://github.com/leigh123linux
    https://admin.rpmfusion.org/pkgdb/packager/leigh123linux/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    Hi leigh123linux and all,
    just upgraded that laptop to 27
    went very easily and now everything seems fine.
    x--x--x
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
    Freedom is never Free.
    Pat Jr.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    81

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    FYI, for others who may come across this thread: the same thing happened to me. Was using F25, and Cinnamon crashed after an update. Upgraded the system to F27 using dnf-plugin-system-upgrade, and thankfully, things seem to be fine (at least so far, fingers crossed)...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    Quote Originally Posted by hunger
    FYI, for others who may come across this thread: the same thing happened to me. Was using F25, and Cinnamon crashed after an update. Upgraded the system to F27 using dnf-plugin-system-upgrade, and thankfully, things seem to be fine (at least so far, fingers crossed)...
    I had the same issue, so it's nice to know it's not just me. I have had to revert to Gnome and am remembering why I hated that interface so much and was so relieved when I discovered the existence of Cinnamon.

    I guess now I'll upgrade to F27, something I have been putting off.

    I've always been critical of non-computer-savvy people who never log out or reboot their systems, but incidents like this make me empathise with them a little. Everything is working fine; you shut down, start up again and it's broken. Next time, they'll be reluctant to do a restart, preferring to let sleeping lions lie.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    81

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    Quote Originally Posted by bob1066
    I've always been critical of non-computer-savvy people who never log out or reboot their systems, but incidents like this make me empathise with them a little. Everything is working fine; you shut down, start up again and it's broken. Next time, they'll be reluctant to do a restart, preferring to let sleeping lions lie.
    Yep. I haven't bothered to run 'dnf upgrade' since resolving the issue. If it ain't broke...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    170

    Re: Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

    Quote Originally Posted by User808
    Hi.

    Just few minutes ago I updating my system. I received new Cinnamon & lightdm & slickgreeter updates + other few packages ....

    But after updating my system, my Cinnamon NEVER started correctly at boot !! Every time I launched my PC, my Cinnamon show me message: "Cinnamon crashed. It is currently run in fullback mode. Do you like to restart it".

    I tried to restart it many time but never respond & conistantly crashed !! I tried to enter tty terminal & reboot my system many time but same: every reboot cinnamon suffer from same error !

    Please help me ! How can I revert this transaction ! I dectated the command for this since long time & it it stored on my PC but I can not find "file" (file manager) to navigate for my home to open document file that contain this command !

    Please your kind help urgently !

    That's why I use security update only, there is some script for getting them:
    https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showt...37#post1799737

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot update fresh install of Fedora 26 Cinnamon
    By Compudionux in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th November 2017, 01:49 PM
  2. Dark theme varient can not disabled in Cinnamon after an update !!
    By User808 in forum Fedora Spins & Remixes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th February 2017, 12:56 AM
  3. [Cinnamon] Crash
    By yahoo1 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st March 2015, 07:06 PM
  4. Only software rendering mode after last update - F20 Vmware Cinnamon
    By forsakenlight in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30th May 2014, 11:31 AM
  5. [SOLVED] No software update notifications appearing in Cinnamon F19
    By saesneg in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th November 2013, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •