FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

upgrade 26-27 fails

Guys, I'm trying to upgrade using DNF commandline, but I'm stuck on what "seems like" a dependency.
    Fedora 27 - x86_64 - Updates 893 kB/s | 11 MB 00:12
    Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:00 ago on Sun 03 Dec 2017 03:34:00 PM CST.
    Error:
    Problem: package fwupdate-libs-8-4.fc26.i686 requires fwupdate-efi = 8-4.fc26, but none of the providers can be installed
    - fwupdate-efi-8-4.fc26.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade repository
    - problem with installed package fwupdate-libs-8-4.fc26.i686
    [greg@clipper ~]$ sudo rpm --rebuilddb
    [greg@clipper ~]$ sudo dnf distro-sync
    Last metadata expiration check: 0:04:01 ago on Sun 03 Dec 2017 03:32:05 PM CST.
    Dependencies resolved.
    Nothing to do.
    Complete!
    [greg@clipper ~]$ sudo dnf distro-sync --allowerasing
    Last metadata expiration check: 0:04:38 ago on Sun 03 Dec 2017 03:32:05 PM CST.
    Dependencies resolved.
    Nothing to do.
    Complete!
    [greg@clipper ~]$ sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot
    Error: system is not ready for upgrade
    What's this mean?

Re: upgrade 26-27 fails

From https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_s...do_I_use_it.3F
    5. If some of your packages have unsatisfied dependencies, the upgrade will refuse to continue until you run it again with an extra --allowerasing option. This often happens with packages installed from third-party repositories for which an updated repositories hasn't been yet published. Please study the output very carefully and examine which packages are going to be removed. None of them should be essential for system functionality, but some of them might be important for your productivity.

• In case of unsatisfied dependencies, you can sometimes see more details if you add --best option to the command line.
    • If you want to remove/install some packages manually before running dnf system-upgrade download again, it's advisable to perform those operations with --setopt=keepcache=1 dnf command line option. Otherwise the whole package cache will be removed after your operation, and you'll need to download all the packages once again.

You might want to retry using the --best option on the command line to get further details --or--
    try manually installing the fwupdate components prior to running the upgrade (keeping in mind '--setopt=keepcache=1' as highlighted in the second bullet above).

This will help determine whether there is some problem with the repos that contain fwupdate.

Good luck!
    Last edited by jims; 5th December 2017 at 08:18 PM.
    -----
    f25 x86_64 SMP AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2

Sorry I wasn't patient enough. I downloaded an .iso and installed from it. I didn't feel there were important files on that particular machine.
    I did all the things recommended in that link and got the same "Dependencies resolved; nothing to do" and "Error: system is not ready for upgrade."
    My best guess is that there is an error in the system-upgrade script - or - there was an error in the version 26 upgrade that left me with "fwupdate-libs-8-4.fc26.i686" installed, when it shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by gsahli
    ...version 26 upgrade that left me with "fwupdate-libs-8-4.fc26.i686" installed, when it shouldn't be.
    I which case you could uninstall it with a clean conscience ... and reinstall after if need be...